NPD on Saturday

fishyman

hey guys just a quickie as im going out in a tick, had my first ever session at NPD today

Long story short

i upped my PB by 11cm to 51cm

Caught 2 bass dad caught 8

met aaron and rocket who both caught heaps. Rocket i think got 16 fish all together and aaron got a 51cm aswell

nice to meet you two

met dan kev and dino aswell who got a 53.5

here are the pics of my 51, fattest bass ive seen in my life caught second cast :) i caught a smaller one maybe 35cm aswell when i got back from visiting kev and dan and dino.

P6140004AFO.jpg

P6140003AFO.jpg

next purchase stinger hooks.

i went swimming aswell. Bloody cold :huh:

we were fishing near the carpark up near the rangers hut, awesome session, after getting nothing at Forgans I drove up and thought I'd have a couple of casts, ended up landing six with one over fifty and the majority between the forty to forty five mark, lost some tackle but got smashed 4 times by unstoppable somethings that must have some nice ausspin jewellery hanging out its mouth (4lb fireline a little light amongst the weeds), all my fish were one ausspin and cyclone spinnerbaits in the purply white colours, very very tempted to go back tommorrow with some heavier artillery:)

whatnow wrote:

is that blue building the fenced of building driving towards bullockys?

To be honest never taken any notice of the colour, I just know it as the rangers hut as it is where out of bounds starts and there is a boat ramp in there for the waterboard.

That is a lovely fish mate, well done indeed.

Nice to meet you and your Dad and catch a few fish togther.

There was a boat out there earlier this week when Jase and I were there. It was the SEQ water people cruising around. Have not seen anyone actually fishing from a boat though and I'm sure that they are not allowed ATM.

Rocket

Rangers and Scientists run boats on the dam often. The Rangers even have a little transport boat they can move small vehicles around the dam.

Fishing boats are not currently on the dam, as the water level is not high enough for permits to be issued. Sailing boats are currently using the dam.

You will never see a fishing or sailing boat from the legal shore based fishing areas, the allowed zones are not visible from those areas. Anyone who breaches the allowed zones is dealt with pretty severely (as in loss of access)

Archived