what is the best

merida

what UNT said but think about your water depth and trolling speed. Most lures will tell you how deep they dive and you usually want to match that to whatver water you're in. For instance if I was trolling in 10-12Ft of water a jackal chubby would be a good choice.

The one thats working.

Smart arse I know :P

But in all seriousness thats an impossible question to answer. Like asking whats the best bait. Depends on depth, target species etc etc.

Could I ask where your fishing? What depth? And what you would like to catch?

Cheers.

Angus

Thats cool.

If your chasing Nudgee Greeks try a piece of Baklava with a gold chain leader. Haha. JK.

But seriously, if they are skipping on the surface there is either:

a: Something wrong with the lure.

b: Something wrong with the knot tied to the lure.

c: Possibly not enough line let out for trolling.

I would suggest using about 8lb leader with a loop knot tied to the split ring. This should get the lure diving where you want it.

What pound mainline and leader (if any) are you using right now?

Other lures that you might want to try:

Halco Scopions.

Halco Laserpro's.

SX40's SX48's SX60's.

Damiki DC-100's and DC-200's (As per the AFO shop).

I hope this has been helpful.

Angus

username_taken wrote:

Angus wrote:
If your chasing Nudgee Greeks try and piece of Baklava with a gold chain leader.

hahahaha gold! I rarely laugh out loud on the internets, but that one did it for me :)

Plus 1 for that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

attacks swim terribly without either a loop knot or a split ring.

Also if you're already doing these you may be fouling up on leaves or weed, as the attacks usually swim well. I always keep an eye on my rod tip to see if the lure is swimming or not. Every second that the lure has stopped swimming is a second wasted.

Angus wrote:

If your chasing Nudgee Greeks try and piece of Baklava with a gold chain leader.

:laugh: :laugh: Hey If ya need some Baklava I get my mum to make some for you Angus, But you can supply the gold chain, Im keeping mine on...:laugh:

Archived