Brag mats

popeye

Just wondering where you guys have been getting those 120cm brag mats I see in a lot of your photos? I notice the BCF logo on them, but are unable to find them at the couple of BCF stores that are nearest me. Can you also pick them up anywhere else?

Thanks

mate i had one and gave it away and got one of the nsw dpi ones the bcf ones are too bulky and dont photo the finer measurements to well compared to the nsw ones and if ya order 5 you should be able to sell the others piece of piss, works out 8 bucks a mat.

flatty_catcher wrote:

personally I don't rate BCF as a good fishing store anymore than I rate supercheap (their other company) as a good auto store.

I think that the staff in a store can make or break it. I usually go to my local BCF when i just want to be left alone and not hounded by staff about how good there last fishing trip was.

Other times the local independent is a great source of info and where I try and spend most of my moola.

I have a BCF mat as that is the only one I could find. It lives in one of the underfloor storage compartments in the tinny so its size doesn't really bother me. i have also sewn velcro on the back of it so I can roll it out and leave it on the back deck while I am fishing by myself. Saves having to get it out every time and it stays put when travelling at WOT.

Terry

popeye wrote:

flatty_catcher wrote:
Just get a sheet of plastic and a permanant texta

make yr own :P

Good idea. That way I can dodgy up the measurements.

Wonders if anyone has ever seen a 70cm bream. :laugh: :laugh:

The brag mat I have is out by just over 1cm...According to my mat a 49cm Bass is a 50.3cm Bass. It always pays to calibrate your mat once in a while.

loomis wrote:

popeye wrote:
flatty_catcher wrote:
Just get a sheet of plastic and a permanant texta

make yr own :P

Good idea. That way I can dodgy up the measurements.

Wonders if anyone has ever seen a 70cm bream. :laugh: :laugh:

The brag mat I have is out by just over 1cm...According to my mat a 49cm Bass is a 50.3cm Bass. It always pays to calibrate your mat once in a while.

I have 'caliberated' mine several times already! Putting it in the washing machine on a heavey duty cycle to make it shrink more and more.

Even my pillys I use for bait now are measuring up at about the 30cm mark!

Look out for the Bream and Snapper comp :woohoo:

Thanks for everyones help. I picked a Shimano one up from A-mart at Virginia today. Best part was the price was listed at $24.99, and she only charged me $16.99. There must have been some sort of sale on, though I didn't take any notice of any signage.

Archived