Sign in to follow this  
AngGoLee

Drifting

Hi all .. i heard heaps about drifing soft plastics and bait but i am kind of confuse about how to achieve that and what rig to use and what kind of conditions are drifting good for? :laugh: any inputs would be helpful..

Depending on what plastic you are using and what fish you are targeting both above methods work. Booty's way for flathead and snapper in the shallows and leightons way if you are fishing for bream in the snags.

Don't know about bait but I would imagine drifting with a bait bumping along the bottom would be dynamite on flatties.

Terry

I would say cast in the oppostie direction to your drift, any injured fish/free food will be drifting with the current not against it. With plastics they dont have a scent so your only hooking something based on the immitation of an actual fish.

Like flatties sit in the hole and goble anything up eg yabbies that drfit into it, something going against the current may seem a little odd. Not saying they wont take it, I would just imagine your chances are increased.

Oceandonkey wrote:

I would say cast in the oppostie direction to your drift, any injured fish/free food will be drifting with the current not against it. With plastics they dont have a scent so your only hooking something based on the immitation of an actual fish.

Like flatties sit in the hole and goble anything up eg yabbies that drfit into it, something going against the current may seem a little odd. Not saying they wont take it, I would just imagine your chances are increased.

if you cast in the opposite direction to your drift then effectivly you are fishing the grounds you have just passed over....ie. spooked fish