Pine River Clean

shayned

Event Details

Sunday 10 August 2008

Times 1.30pm - 4pm

Meeting at Leis Park and Dohles Rocks Boat Ramp on Nth Pine and Bob Bell Park on the Sth Pine

Safety Gear Provided.

Sausage Sizzle and drinks provided at the end.

If there is enough interest might try and organise a prefish for Flatties and a bit of fun.

Sounds like a plan a Flattie pre Fish before the clean up. Spoke to Alex at Viking and if we get enough people interested he will put a new kayak trolley up as a prize for the kayakers.

Sort of figured we would use the Dohle Rocks organising point as the base.

I'll try and organise another prize for the non kayakers.

Nothing too serious guys just a bit of fun, followed by helping make a little bit of a difference and then a feed and home.

OK if we have enough starters, Viking Kayaks will donate a new Kayak Trolley as aprize for the kayakers.

David and Gareth from TT Lures will donate a prize pack for people in Tinnies to help make it a bit more rewarding.

Any thoughts??

Similar to clean up the pin day etc. Shayne should be putting up more info soon.

This is from the last one which is similar but different.

Moreton Bay Regional Council - Incorporating Caboolture, Pine Rivers and Redcliffe

Paddle the Waterways in Pine

02/10/2007

Looking for a great way to enjoy some spring sunshine and be at one with the great rivers in Pine Rivers Shire? Then make sure you come along to Pine Rivers Shire Council's Outside and Alive canoeing and kayaking activities being held on the 13 and 21 October.

Pine Rivers Mayor, Yvonne Chapman said that the hot weather typically meant that water activities become very popular in October and is inviting all canoeing and kayaking enthusiasts to participate in one or more of the events.

"The water activities that we offer as part of Outside and Alive include Canoe the North Pine River, River Clean and Paddle the Pine," she said.

"The signature event of Outside and Alive, however, is Paddle the Pine which is held on Sunday 21 October and is offered in partnership with the Newport Waterways Canoe Club."

Mayor Chapman said that the Paddle the Pine typically started with all kayakers meeting at the boat ramp in Leis Park at Lawnton for a 7:30am departure, and people with canoes meeting at Bob Bell Park, Strathpine and departing at 8am.

"Both groups then paddle to Acacia Park at Murrumba Downs, where the groups stop for a short break and then depart again at 9am to the final destination at Dohles Rocks," she said.

"Upon arrival at Dohles Rocks everyone is invited to enjoy a free BBQ, after which a free shuttle bus would return participants to their vehicles," she said.

"A limited number of canoes and kayaks are still available to book for those people who don't have their own equipment by phoning 3480 6543."

For more information about Outside and Alive visit the Pine Rivers Shire Council website on www.pinerivers.qld.gov.au or phone 3480 6666.

Other activities to be held on 13 October include:

Canoe the North Pine River is a popular activity on the program and has been booked out already.

Participants will canoe from Leis Park to Mungarra Reserve in Petrie with a morning tea provided by Newport Waterways Canoe Club and will then return to Leis Park.

River Clean commences at 8am and is in keeping with the intent of nationally recognised programs such as Keep Australia Beautiful and Clean Up Australia Day! This activity draws on volunteers with water craft (canoes, motorboats etc) to assist with removing rubbish along the banks of the North and South Pine Rivers. In turn we hope that this will improve the rivers appearance and water quality and protect marine life. Safety equipment is provided, and a free sausage sizzle will be put on for volunteers to say thanks at the conclusion of the morning.

River clean will be held at Bob Bell Park in Strathpine, Leis Park in Lawnton and Dohles Rocks boat ramp in Griffin. Participants are required to wear enclosed shoes and bring gloves.

Cheers

Ray

EVENT DETAILS

Sunday 10 August 2008

Times 1.30pm - 4pm

Meeting @ Leis Park, Bob Bell Park & Dohles Rocks Boat Ramp

If you would like to attend please fill out the form attached and return or flick me through an email.

Cheers

Graeme Ferguson

Senior Event Officer

Events Unit

Moreton Bay Regional Council

Pine Rivers District

Ph: (07) 3480 6643

Fax: (07) 3480 6755

Mob: 0438 522 317

www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au

I will start a new thread purely for people to register their intent to attend. Please put in number of people, walking or boating or yaking and number of craft. If no one else wishes to pick it up I will forward all the info to the council.

Lets make it a good rollup please.

Maybe one of the mods can put it in the attend events section.

Cheers

Ray

post-230-144598464222_thumb.jpg

Ohh my god... This could the maiden voyage of the 'kitchen sink' yak!

EDIT - Just realised its not this sunday, so I hopefully will have the yak in the water before then, but all else remains.

I would be interested in a bit of a prefish for a kayak trolley, whoops I mean flattie. I can bring along a plough plate BBQ and gas for some sausages to fill the belly before heading back out again to clean up.

this looks great guys and at the risk of looking stupid what the hell are we ment to clean are we just stopping at the end to pick up some rubbish or are we ment to float down the river polishing dirty driftwood im a little lost as allways and a clue may help ?:unsure:

Basically all of these type of clean ups have multiple ways of doing it.

They want shore based, boat based and canoe based volunteers. The idea is you pick up what ever rubbish you can lay your hands on, (be it from the bank, your boat or your canoe) and take it back to a central point for disposal.

I'll try and post the docs for people to read, I have emailed to those I have email addresses for.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread discusses the Content article: River Clean 2008

Hey everyone.

I think as such a large body of anglers AFO has an obligation to get behind an event like this.

So i encourage as many AFO members as possible to make this one.

Afterall we want clean and productive waterways in ten years and beyond right!

One day out of our time could really make a difference. Plus we can stick it to the greenies who think we are the problem

Cheers.

Angus

Please email me at angus@australianfishing.com.au if you would like an expression of interest form.

Archived