Caloundra Offshore

pcsolutionman

planning another trip out off Caloundra this Thursday after our success last friday. Planning to launch from the boat ramp at kings beach rocks at 6am so meeting at 5:30am. head out to brays grab a few livies if we can troll them out to the blinker in the hope of something big then throw some plastics for snapper and maybe drop a livie for a HOLD on lol The more the merrier.

Confirmed so far are both TerryH and Nodds

Lee

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I had a slightly bigger yak I would be sick enough not to attend work but not quite sick enough not to go fishing.:P Going to have to pass but wish I could make it. I have not been offshore since I moved here from darwin.

Good luck too all going out on the day

Brett.

You only need epirb if ure more then 2nautical miles offshore and Flares well i dont think its compulsory but i'd carry 1 of either night or day depending on what time just in case, a V sheet could be a good thing to have, Im pretty sure its not compulsory though except the epirb if ure over 2nm offshore (or from closest land)

We'll have bait tubes to keep some live bait alive. Hopefully we can pick some of these up along the way, and start trolling them around and using them as live bait. We'll be using plastics on the snapper, we were catching them on floaters/midwater plastics like 1/8 or 1/6 oz (20 metres of water with current - they dont hit the bottom) This tactic was picking up the snapper showing on the sounder in the 4-8metre range.

We didn't see any surface bust ups, but did see some bait fish getting harassed.

Hopefully we can pick up a kingy/cobia/mack or tuna on the live baits. I have all day off so depending on the other guys might head further offshore, or search around for some nice pelagic action once the snapper go quiet. (hopefully they never do:P)

TerryH wrote:

I have all day off so depending on the other guys might head further offshore, or search around for some nice pelagic action once the snapper go quiet. (hopefully they never do:P)

Sounds good to me champion, your turn to bring lunch :P

Regards

Al

Haha yeah, got a 50lbs overhead for that stuff ;)

8lbs rod for the snappre if my IMX gets hammered too much and then a 15lbs spool for that rod if th e8lbs gets slammed too much

and then I have my 20lbs tuna flick stick incase theres any bust ups.

TerryH wrote:

Mmm not 100% sure I'll be taking the IMX though, just considering all the amount of gear I'll have on board. might just catch a fish on it then put it in the hull lol.

cmon terry be a man :P

4lb snapper fishing,

now thats tough :silly: :silly:

i plan on doing it hahaha

Archived