Morten YAY!

wiseguy

:S after 4 fruitless trips i sat at home and wrote yet another report about me and sum of my best m8s catching nothing but hypothermia in dispicable conditions which no doubt coincide with our holidays...

BUT it just so happens that this story begins at one of these trips, the recent soaking at shultza...

after we finish fishign we stumble back to Boofa's car.

upon arriving we sit down on sum big rocks (boulders i spose) and my fone begins to ring.

i answer with a hint of confusion in my voice. it was Testcap, another of my best m8s who aske dme wether id be interested in heading out with him and his dad for a sccot round the bay in the morning (weather permiting). unsure, i tell him ill get back to him later on once id sorted out the plethora of this i had to do that afternoon (i.e. clean my room).

well i do get thses things done and rock up at his place towards 8 oclock at night. as i step from my pajero im greeted by testcap and his parents who cheerfully offer me a room for the night and sum magical bannana cake (curtesy of his mom) and testcaps dad quickly runs through the plan for tomorow (now yesterday) and what he thinks the weather woudl be like.

after pouring over their collection of fishign paraphenalia (including a copy of GRANT'S) we decide to call it a night. as usual we started to chat instead of gettign shut eye and as a result wen we woke up at 6 the next mornign we felt a little sleep deprived. we exit testcap's room and go to the kitchen where we r greeted by his dad who was busy being a madfella and raring to get out onto the water considering the weather. we leap into ther car and excitedly discuss possible catches for today and considering the weather fatcor we were sure not to raise eachothers hopes. we arrive at the boat ramp at cabbage tree creek and before long we r riding the cane toad (their aptly named, and very well set up vessel) out into the bay.

after travelling for a fair while on the meter plus swell we decide the spot looked good and began to fish.

now id only heard stories that he awsumness of testcap's dad's fishing ability, and lets just say, in my opinion he supasses Paul Burke and is quite possibly the ultimate fisherman.

we bait up and cats out and i bring in the first winter whiting which was pushign 20cm. this seemed to pop the cork of the days fishign and i was pretty pleased with myself. Testcaps's dad is get to rig up but wihtign moments he is in the water. withing three catss he had landed three whitng- each puttin mine to shame. testcap himself managed sum nice whiting and a grinner. The ultimate fisherman then decided to turn the grinner into bait and put out a handline. within seconds i hook up on somehtign with a bit more wieght. after a struggle lasting a few seconds a nice sole comes to the bow. again, im feelign pretty pleased, but its at this stage tat testcap senior feels sum tension on the handline and pulls up a sole twic ethe size of mine- have a staffs!

we (testcap and i) sit in awe at the sheer awsomeness of this fisherman's ability. at this point an over head he had set up towards the back of the boat starts to bounce and following amighty strike to set he hook testcap senior pulls up the highlight (for me) of the day- a MONSTER toadfish with teeth the size of 50 cent peices. after a quick release he baitup again and wihtin a matter of minutes he is on again to what turns out (as testcap rightly predicited) a nice bartailed flatty. at this satge we began top see small sharks feeding about 50m fromt he boat and the wind began to pick up so we decide to head closer inland.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR the honda fourstroke was hummign laong nicley when we suddenly slow down. the ultimate fisherman had supposedly spotted a tailor.

to mine and testcaps dis belief, following his definition of a pelgaic fish and how they differ from talior, yet share sum similarites (eg, feeding habbits) he brings a tailor to the boat which is quickly realesed after the hooks are removed. we then move back in and head up the creek.

after a bit of traveling up stream we ancor up and try our luck for some bream.

this is where the fishing kinda ended for testcap and myself, yet it relle began for testcaps's ol' man.

after a few minutes his overhead gives a bit of a giigle and after a quick struggle and help form his son while i watched very entertained a 55cm flatty comes into the boat (which i estimate to the cm!)

tinking thats probbaly it for the day we bait up and cast out again while figuiring out the fastet route back to the ramp.

but we r wrong when Testcap's dad's overhead screams this time and the reult aftere a good battle is a anothe rmosnter flatty comign in a a decent 62cm.

after 4 hopeless trips i had finally retunred from the fith trip with not a very impresive team bag form a few hours round the bay.

cant wait tillt he next trip testcap (wether it be in my boat or urs), thanx for the hell of a day out (and the fish:lol: )

end resukt is 7 species and 19 take home fish:

Winter whiting- approx 30 caught, 16 released- 14 taken home

Flatty (bar tailed) 1 taken (38cm)

Flatties (mud) 2 (55cm & 62cm)

Tailor 43cm (approx...) released

MONSTER TOADIE 70cm approx (released)

Grinner bout 20cm (made gud bait)

Soles 2 (25 and 40cm)

happy fishing!

PS> wish the awsum foursome (minus 1) luck to moroow @ deep sea off the gold coast!!!

& thankyou again to testcap's mum for the bannana cake!

happy fishing every1!

-Wiseguy:woohoo:

lol im glad people enjoy my reports!

well to be honest i reckon u shoul dbe more ashamed if ur not going fishing at all!

uld do the report on deep sea, but moo man wants to do it!!!

plus, i was kinda sick for most of it so im sure moo's report would have more fishing in it!

gud luck to every1!

-Wiseguy!

Archived