Chronarch 50MG

Hi,

Just bought myself a Shimano Chronarch 50MG Baitcaster reel. Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this reel or heard of any stuff about 'em? I plan on using it in brackish and freshwater systems and dams (for bass, bream etc...), but how do they go in the salt (due to them being made of magnesium)?

Any info or opinions would be appreciated...

cheers

Hugh

still....why pay $450 for a reel unless ur feelin' like lighting up ur bank acc for nothin lol...the cores only great feature is that it can be taken into the salt with some degree of safety...but realistically you can get a nice spin outfit for cheaper and it'll probably last you longer in saltwater conditions...the 50mg is nearly as good for a much better price...

Yeh, MOtackle does have it for 449 but that sale doesnt last for the rest of the year lol...and well ebays a lot of muckin around...4 me anyways...i prefer BCF and my 25% discount lol...

cheers,

Hugh

Hugh,

Give the reel a spray with salt-X or similar before using it in the salt if you are worried. Don't forget the internals too.

Than just give it a rinse and a wipe with a cloth with some Inox or similar on it and you should have no worries.

Schultzy.

Oh, by the way, I did find that cutting board I was chasing, in the boating section.

Archived