shark at nudgee

jbfishin

Do$stylz there has been a documentary on sharks, including both blacktips and bullsharks which show they are happy to go right up into bugger all water in mangroves etc chasing small bait fish and other food sources. if its 50cm deep that's plenty of water for a shark that size.

• 2 months later...

Keechie wrote:

if you know where to go and how, there is some BIG sharks down at nudgee. the biggest caught down there in the last 3 months was 8 foot 2 inches or something.

please tell us how to get these larger sharks, ive been trying for the last 2 yrs to catch some decent sharks but so far nothing :(

Fisherjoe wrote:

Keechie wrote:
if you know where to go and how, there is some BIG sharks down at nudgee. the biggest caught down there in the last 3 months was 8 foot 2 inches or something.

please tell us how to get these larger sharks, ive been trying for the last 2 yrs to catch some decent sharks but so far nothing :(

Without going into a lot of detail

heavy line

wire trace

big hooks

big bait

Dont be afraid to use a 40cm fish as bait. But like i said, you need big hooks suitable for using such a thing as bait

Without going into a lot of detail

heavy line

wire trace

big hooks

big bait

Dont be afraid to use a 40cm fish as bait. But like i said, you need big hooks suitable for using such a thing as bait

hows:

100kg overhead dbl roller rod

Okuma 50lb overhead reel

Berkly 50lb monofil line

2m 500lb gable wire leader

800lb torpedo swivels

12-14/0 large hooks

is that geared enough for some of the larger sharks? lol

i got the gear just need to know where the larger sharks kick around, as smaller ones arnt worth the gear i use for them, and for now im stuck without a boat so cant head out into the middle of the bay or anything so limited to shore/jetty fishing, unless someone on here who has a boat wants to hook up sometime for a trip to the bay or soemthing for a decent day of fishing?

thats a pretty serious rod mate, as for the leader, if your targeting large sharks maybe a bit longer like 4 or 5 metre would be better, as you want the leader to be well longer than the shark being targetted

as for spots you could try shorncliffe pier, have seen sharks up to 9ft landed off there

or hornibrok bridge where i have lost plenty of bigger ones and seen a 5ft landed by a mate

yeah never going back to hornibrook again, i spend every sat night in 07 fishing there for 8 hrs a night and only had 2 runs the whole time and no hookups, only things i coult there in a whole year were, 4 rays, 3 catties, and 1 squire.

as far as the shorncliffe jetty only seen 1 decent shark landed there (and they waited 15hrs no joke for a shark to hookup) in my time fishing up there, and only heard of the odd one being caught, but not very often, but did catch my 1st 2foot hammerhead there when i was like 7or8yr old, but nothin since.

sucks having this gear and not being able to land anything on it yet :( i really want to go out with someone who sharks a bit and knows the areas to go, and the reason i use gable wire is i can cut it any length i need when making up my rigs, since its sold in 10m packs at bunnings :D otherwise for smaller sharks i just buy a shogun pre pack with 10/0 hook form BCF...shame they dont sell the 2 hook packs anymore:(

well mate from hornibrook in summer, we will get a few runs a night atleast, have abit of fun with 20+ catties a night and every now and then have a good night where we land a few sharks ranging from 3ft to 5ft...

and as for shorncliffe the last 2 times i have been there i have seen a 9ft landed and my mate was spooled by a shark which we are unsure of the size

sharking is a waiting game, you have to be very patient, i landed my first bullie at deep water bend, we had been there all day and and as i was walking over to wind my rod in to head home it goes off and landed a 3ft bullie so it definately pays to be patient

yeah not sure im ready for kayak sharking yet lol esp when uve got to be loco to go after large sharks on a kayak lol

ill just wait till i buy/borrow/trip out there with someone who has a boat alredy

btw anybody with a boat want to head out 1 weekend for some sharking fun on the bay?

Na mate he wasn't meaning fish off yoru kayak

Leave your rod on the beach and row your bait out. Ie: Put the bait in your yak, leave your rod on the beach witha mate - freespool it or whatever, and row out, then drop the bait out.

Only way to get 10 kilos worth of bait and sinker out 100+m

Archived