going squiding at manly

Jordan

hey guys as the title says im going to be trying for some squid at manly on sunday. i was reading some of chens old reports for some tips, but do any of you guys have any idea as to spots i should deifnatley give a shot? best times to try?

havnt really ever tried to catch them before so whatever advice you can give would be great!

thanks guys

Jordan

jordan...i like the higher tides...but mainly i go when there is no one on the jetties...the quieter the better i reckon..and latley i have found a real sharp jerk is working better than a slow lift n drop...

kriso- egger??? dont get:huh:

and jordan ty some gulp shrimps..squid looove em!..but getting to stay on is a different story:unsure:

jimmybob wrote:

jordan...i like the higher tides...but mainly i go when there is no one on the jetties...the quieter the better i reckon..and latley i have found a real sharp jerk is working better than a slow lift n drop...

and jordan ty some gulp shrimps..squid looove em!..but getting to stay on is a different story:unsure:

check out the giant squid thread...
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=112448&catid=38

ive only ever caught smaller squid off the jetty,try walking along the bike/pathway that leads to the boat ramp.look for two small mangrove trees about three quarters along the pathway,theres a bit of coffee rock between the two.this is where the majority of the better squid ive caught have come from;)probs best on a rising tide but ive caught em during both.hopefully u get into a few:)

benno573 wrote:

jimmybob wrote:

check out the giant squid thread...
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=237&func=view&id=112448&catid=38

ah ha...got yas;)

Archived