Filleting/Sharpening/Demonstrator Wanted

Nastymind

Hello Everyone,

Next Thursday and Thursday night, July 24 I'm hoping will be a big night at my store, Anaconda Logan.

I can't speak too loudly but i'm certain there will be massive instore specials that would interest you all.

I would like to take this as an opportunity to 'show off' our new sponsorship of AFO.

My great plan is to organise an instore knife sharpening and fish filleting demonstration.

Along side this demonstration would be a AFO promotional table. (of course)

My question is...... would anybody be willing (and capable) to perform the demonstrations and represent both AFO and Anaconda Logan?

? Why don't you do it yourself, you ask!

#1 I fall into the incapable catagory (i really can't fillet or sharpen well enough to teach it to others)

#2 It will be an awesome and exciting way for Anaconda Logan to get more involved with AFO as a sponsor

&

#3 I know for fact that allot of you loyal AFO'ers will come in just for the 'meet and greet'.

Seeing as i personally miss out on so many of the AFO events, it gives me the opportunity to meet more of you in person.

Well, there it is.

I really didn't know how to put it without being too upfront.

But if you are capable and willing to donate some of your time as a public speaker and to represent something we all enjoy so much, please let me know and we will begin advertising the event asap.

Thank you in advance,

Michael

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be there mate.

AFO members: Can i emphasise that the more support from AFO anaconda see's the more support we will get in return.

I would emplore everyone who can to drop by that night in AFO get up if you have it. So far the team at Anaconda logan have been massively impressed with the potential support and its more than in our best interest to encourage it.

Ill see you there whoever comes!!

By the way nastymind, if i was better than just average at filleting id offer my services at the drop of a hat. Sadly id prefer not to teach bad practices :P

Hope to see some of you there.

Angus

with a push and a shove from malcom i can help with the filleting demo if needed. any fish'll do. have a pretty vast level of experience, spent months filleting barra in WA for a job... and not bad at filleting bass at the yak camp either. :laugh: only question is can i bring my own knife?

I'm only new to the site but I'll pop down and lend my support for the night. I can't fillet a fish or sharpen a knife too well but I'd be keen to see the demo.... and try and find a nice rod to go with my new biomaster 2000 that I picked up last weekend!!

Am looking forward to putting some faces with the names... I think!! :D

Shorty :)

Shorty wrote:

I'm only new to the site but I'll pop down and lend my support for the night. I can't fillet a fish or sharpen a knife too well but I'd be keen to see the demo.... and try and find a nice rod to go with my new biomaster 2000 that I picked up last weekend!!

Shorty: Faces to names id what it is all about. Look forward to seeing you there!

Angus

Angus wrote:

Shorty wrote:

Shorty: Faces to names id what it is all about. Look forward to seeing you there!

Angus

more to the point gus

YOU GOT A BIOMASTER

Yippy your in teh club :P

great reels

ando_04 wrote:

I think you should get your afo sponcered member, to do a talk... ECT nabs do a breamin talk

Wrong event ando.

AFO sponsors Nabs & Daniel.

Anaconda Sponsors AFO.

However, considering how well Nabs and Daniel are doing, im sure Anaconda would be open to sponsoring fully a team soon. Based on the rod Tanya won at the Winter camp, there is some very good quality product to be had.

Angus

Angus wrote:

ando_04 wrote:
I think you should get your afo sponcered member, to do a talk... ECT nabs do a breamin talk

Wrong event ando.

AFO sponsors Nabs & Daniel.

Anaconda Sponsors AFO.

However, considering how well Nabs and Daniel are doing, im sure Anaconda would be open to sponsoring fully a team soon. Based on the rod Tanya won at the Winter camp, there is some very good quality product to be had.

Angus

Sorry mate.

I was just thinking, it would be perfect for afo to show what it has on offer, then having its own sponsored anglers do a little talk about breaming.

Good to see some more sponsors coming on board for afo. Lets see what the future lies for the business.

I'm there for sure, I'm not working:woohoo:

I can fillet and de-bone Flathead pretty good if you're interested:huh:

As for knife sharpening, I can sharpen a knife, but I'm not very good at it:blink: So I'd give that one a miss:P

If anyone wants a lift from the south side, I can help. I'm in Carindale;)

Jayson

In all serioness guys, thanks for the support!

After the winter camp Anaconda got really turned on by the genuine obsessivness by our crew, this has led them to preach stronger support to come.

This could be fickle though...

I plead for every AFO member who can makem it to this event. By doing so we have the potential to have event prizes worked out for many comps to come. I know that not everyone is only in it for the prizes, but hey, if you win a good prize (rod,reel,lure,line,spool,jacket,experience), its still a good time!!!!!

See you there hopefully!!!!!!!!!!

Angus

Pretty much all my fishing is C+R these days...hence my lack of skills required for demos!

Me slicing my finger off may well be amusing:laugh: , but probably not good for sales:S .

Can't see how I can be a practical help with this one, but I would be keen to come over and check out the store (I need some braid to put on the reels I won at the winter camp too!)

Angus, If AFO needs some repping done without demo participation let me know?

also... try not to do the filleting demos near the barra/natives tank...those poor fish will be scarred for life:silly: :P

Rocket75 wrote:

Yea Gus, you can count me in if for this aspect if needed too.

Ever thought about some little A5 style flyer things with site name, website address, members to date number, upcoming events etc.... just some food for thought that people can take home, chuck on the kitchen bench and then get reminded about a week later to log in and see what we are all about?

bootyinblue wrote:

Rocket75 wrote:

Yea Gus, you can count me in if for this aspect if needed too.

Ever thought about some little A5 style flyer things with site name, website address, members to date number, upcoming events etc.... just some food for thought that people can take home, chuck on the kitchen bench and then get reminded about a week later to log in and see what we are all about?

Brilliant idea Booty.

I was going to make up some flyers for the demonstration and advertise it on our big chalk board at the front of the store all week, but some ideas for a AFO promotional table would be great.

Archived