Filleting/Sharpening/Demonstrator Wanted

Nastymind

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bootyinblue wrote:

I will have the shirt and beanie thing happening on the night.

Angus... any thoughts or advancement on the flyer idea? Its a great way to start a conversation with the shoppers is to shove one of them in their face.... well so to speak!

Yes. I have got a pile of flyers. They are actually promoting the BRC. But on them are the essentials of AFO and the web address. Considering Anaconda are supplying some fantastic prizes for the BRC i dont think this flyer is at all out of place anyway. What do you think?

Angus

Sold... sounds like a plan to me!

No idea where Anaconda is at Logan, and what carparking is like there, and late notice, and 100 other excuses but a couple of yaks and or small tinny all sporting AFO stickers out the front might draw a few more.

I know my boat would not be a good advertisement, considering the other set of stickers but the 'pimped up' yak could be brought down if there are a couple of others?

Just chucking it out there....

it's easy as to find. drive down the pacific highway and take the chatswood road exit. at the first roundabout you come to turn right, at the second one turn right. this will take you under the highway. you'll get to another roundabout - take the exit that looks like you are heading to ikea. go to the second set of traffic lights and hang a sharp left into the undercover carpark. piece of piss mate!

sam@2bentrods.com.au wrote:

We are able to purchase whole fish from Raptis at very good prices. Let us know if you would like to go this way.

Thanks for the offer.

I'll be leaving the '$ spending' decision till Thursday morning.

With a bit of luck, i can avoid having to.

maxi wrote:

get benno some of those tiny winter whiting to debone ..... im sure you blokes would want them perfect ...:laugh: :laugh: ...

sounds like a great nite coming up for yas' ...

Maxi

boneless butterfly fillets are easy mate... how many did you want?:P not so good for a demo though as only so many people can stand close enough to see the fish let alone the bones i am cutting around!

bootyinblue wrote:

Sold... sounds like a plan to me!

No idea where Anaconda is at Logan, and what carparking is like there, and late notice, and 100 other excuses but a couple of yaks and or small tinny all sporting AFO stickers out the front might draw a few more.

I know my boat would not be a good advertisement, considering the other set of stickers but the 'pimped up' yak could be brought down if there are a couple of others?

Just chucking it out there....

and someone to stand guard over them

after all this is logan

benno573 wrote:

maxi wrote:
get benno some of those tiny winter whiting to debone ..... im sure you blokes would want them perfect ...:laugh: :laugh: ...

Maxi

boneless butterfly fillets are easy mate... how many did you want?:P not so good for a demo though as only so many people can stand close enough to see the fish let alone the bones i am cutting around!

could prolly set up a camcorder and tv and have someone directly filming it like they do on other live programs

namyau wrote:

benno573 wrote:
maxi wrote:

Maxi

could prolly set up a camcorder and tv and have someone directly filming it like they do on other live programs

have already got this in the plans mate. nastymind and i are all over it!

although... my ugly mug on the tv might scare people even more than in real life.. i never thought of this part of it... :dry:

benno573 wrote:

i will be there around about 6:30. i think the presentation will kick off around 7pm. anaconda does have 20% off everything in store including all sale items so if you see something you like then, just tick it up to my name at the register and I will fix it up...

How very generous of you Benno. Now I might expand my purchase selection from just the Yak trolley.

It was nice to put some faces to names and meet a few people. I really should have met a few more but it was difficult enough to remember the few I did meet. :blush: It's always difficult being new - everything and everybody seem so... ummmm well, new!! :P Sorry if I forget your name or didn't introduce myself around to you - it was hard enough trying to remember the few I did introduce myself too! :silly:

Well done to Jeff and benno on their talks(god I hope that was their names!!) - I thought they both did really well and found it very interesting. More importantly I think they both did particularly well to not swear!! :) I thought the range of fish that benno filleted was great and wasn't something that I was expecting!!

I had a great night, and more importantly it wasn't an expensive night, although it could have been with that sale on!! I just didn't know what I wanted - there was just too much there to get!!

Are these types of demo's something that Anaconda Logan are going to hold on a semi regular basis...?? I hope so, because it would be something that I'd attend!!

Hope to meet a few more people at the next AFO event!! :D

Shorty :)

P.S. A massive thanks to Matt for the whipper snipper too, that's going to come in real handy!! :D

Archived