Coomera Again...16/07/08

bretto

Headed down to the upper coomera river to chase some mulloway landbased and managed one small mulloway and a bream as well asgetting two hook ups and unfortunately losing the fish to the old bridge.

Was good to spend a couple of hours under the full moon. :)

Brett.

34cm Mulloway

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/comera02.JPG

post-2675-144598465016_thumb.jpg

Malcom they are always there on the lead up and on the full moon on a building tide so it is a good place to have a crack at them. The two bigger fish hooked up were unstoppable on the 4lb. Saw one take the gulp at my feet and it looked like a decent bass but it was dark and couldn't be sure.

I was pretty much as far as the salt can go. There is a dam about 50m from where these fish were caught and separated by a small weir and there is a heap of fresh coming over and the water was dirty but as the tide comes up clarity gets a bit better.

I catch most fish there where the weir is that separates the salt from fresh and it is very snaggy and filled with many boulders so boat access would be a risk but there is a lake area at the end of the river that holds most fish and there is boat ramp there as well

Archived