catch and release

smoking_i

Mate you cant say that theres undersized dead fish s on the site with out backing up infomation. In all of my photos the fish were alive apart from the luderic, the catties and the sharks. I have scoured the site and i am yet to find a pic of a fish that is undersize.

dave

From what ive seen, all the fish that havent been the size have been released. Everytime ive gone out with the boys even those that make the size rquirements but weren't massive have been released.

I'm a huge believer in Catch and release as every one knows, and i can honestly say i haven't seen anything dodgey from the boys I've fished with.

not being smart guys but tee last time i checked catties and sharks were fish

and as for the undersize if you read my post again i never said there were undersized fish on this site . i was just pushing the catch and release idea because on a recent trip i was watching tiny dart and flat head no bigger that my finger being kept.

What is the size limit for catties? And you'll find most of the guys release sharks under 2f.

Not to mention that majority of the photos are taken of live fish, or are multiple shots of the same fish/s.

When you weigh the amount of kept fish, including over abundent fish like catties, against those that have been caught and released, you'll find the percentage is pretty good.

please excuse me but i did read \"small\". I catch and release stuff i get in the brisbane river. Apart from sharks and prawns. Most pf the fish that have been kept on the site have been from more healthier water bodies, also theres no crime against catching a feed as you can see alot of signatures on this site refer to catching a feed not the limit.

dave

yeah Dave he doesnt say the fish in the photo's are too small as such.

But just a quick calc of the fish shown in the photo area. I got 25.68% (give or take)of the fish shown on the site are possibly dead. That leaves 74.32% having their photo taken alive.

Now some of the fish, both alive and dead have been counted possibly twice due to the multi pictures, so the percentage would probably be better if there were just single shots.

All in al though, the first comment at least shows there are more and more Anglers who are thinking of the water and its fishes future. Go back awhile ago and the question would have been \"why so many fish photo were they\"re alive, hurry up and gut them!\":cheer:

Mate i fully understand what your saying.

I always preach fishing conservation.

But.

The only catty pics that were killed and not eaten were from the comp.

All the sharks photographed were released or eaten so i dont see a problem there.

And even the catties that were killed were used for shark bait :)

All in all yes Sharks and catties are fish as well. And none on this site were killed for the simple sake of killing.

I hope this clears matters up.

Angus,

If your possibly talking about my mackeral then ill let you know that it went back in the water about 6 seconds after that photo. I've only ever killed one fish on purpose(26cm bream) and apart from that they've all been released. But thats my personnal beliefs and wasn't the started back in the early days for food? So i dont see any problem with fish been taken as long as its legal.

Just so everyone knows when i go fishing, i allways have a video camera and a digital camera, and if i am taking many shots i have the fish sitting in an enviro net in the water while im getting setup. Note no fish was hurt on purpose durring the photos i took. Also if i am going to kill a fish i do it the most human way and that is either by an ice slurry or ikigyeime (spelling). The slurry freezes the brain instantly and ikigyeime is a spike to the brain which is a japanese technique used for centuries. Also with the catties i use a gaff. I dont kill a fish unless im using it for bait or a for eating purposes.

dave

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/06/05 15:41

Archived