Brisbane Bream & Snapper Comp Report

Angus

What an awesome day! As Benno said, we started at the rock wall where I caught a few undersized squire, then my first jewie :woohoo: and a few moses perch until it all went quiet. We moved around quite a bit without much luck and ended back at the rock wall where I finally caught a bream which I didn't bother measuring. It was here that Kreel caught a 24.5cm bream which we released, knowing what Josh had caught earlier in the day :)

Well done to all the winners. It was a tough day of fishing. Thanks to Benno for having us aboard again, to Angus for organising another great event, and to all the people who donated prizes, time and effort.

My little jewie[br] [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1020451.jpg

post-2560-144598466075_thumb.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tacklebox wrote:

What an awesome day! As Benno said, we started at the rock wall where I caught a few undersized squire, then my first jewie :woohoo: and a few moses perch until it all went quiet. We moved around quite a bit without much luck and ended back at the rock wall where I finally caught a bream which I didn't bother measuring. It was here that Kreel caught a 24.5cm bream which we released, knowing what Josh had caught earlier in the day :)

Well done to all the winners. It was a tough day of fishing. Thanks to Benno for having us aboard again, to Angus for organising another great event, and to all the people who donated prizes, time and effort.

My little jewie[br] [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1020451.jpg

I caught one about the same size when I was fishing with Ash on that wall. Also Jimmybob got one in the comp as well. Hopefully thats a great sign for the future!

Angus

Bit of a late submission, but been busy:blush:

Had a great day on the water. Would have finished with a donut had it not been for a moray eel at the front of the rock wall. Shortie in true decky style scored about 20 various fish including bream (mid 20's), tarwhine, squire (about 32cm), some other miscellaneous fish I can't remember and a decent sized pike that went straight out as a livey and is now in the freezer as a deady.

I was content to just annoy a few fellow AFOers. Enjoyed giving the yakkers a bit of wash:woohoo: and then seeing shortie bare the brunt of the retaliatory paddle splash from lee:laugh: . Seeing benno's lightning reflexes to grab his rod as his line went screaming off was also a highlight. Just a pity it was around my prop:P :laugh:

Was very proud to receive a prize too. A beautiful patch for best skipper of the day (I think that's what it was for):unsure::lol:

Thanks to the organisers and contributors for a great day.:)

The flotilla at the front of the rock wall was expected but still a sight to see....bring on the next one! [img size=461]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/AFO_Snapper___Bream_2008_wall1.JPG

post-564-144598466208_thumb.jpg

Give us a splash? Didn't really get me wet mate, got lee since his yak is a bit lower in the water.

So what did Ellicat do? Well, he approached our yaks at a fair rate of speed, swung around and flew up the side of us, about 10m at most from my side and pulled up right in front of us....

Lee got a bit wet, and pulled out his paddle and gave 'em a good flick of water :laugh:

• 5 months later...

Archived