Manly Harbour rock wall fishing.

Phibes

Hi everyone. I'd like to know a bit more about the fishing that's done off the rock wall at Manly Harbour. I launch at manly when I take the boat out and usually see some fishermen there, seems like a nice place for some relaxing land-based fishing.

What sort of fish linger around there?

Any tips for rig setups as far as whether I should just run a sinker straight to the hook or have a trace as well as baits because I want to stay away from the soft plastics for now.

Thanks guys, enjoy this love Sunday.

Nick

hey nick i normaly put the sinker above the swivel on my main line then run a line about 30-50cm from the swivel to hook that way the bait can float around abit. as for species i havent fished there myself put i gues from seeing it, bream, flatties, maybe cod and a few others

2 hrs either side of high - good whiting on the points - worms...squid will find the shovellys...prawns and yabbies for the bream....water is to clear for big bream there atm...3 days after the s/w winds is good....can surprise you with a decent mack/tailor/squire on the odd occasion...good luck - very relaxing too!!

Archived