AFO Trade Show

Angus

Hey everyone.

Toying with an idea. Here me out and let me know what you think. Referal business is easily (IMO) one of the best bases for gaining clients. After attending the 4BC Family Fishing Comp, I have been seriously consdering using the same venue for the AFO trade show.

This would basically consist of AFO members with businesses or products to offer setting up a stall for a day in order to gain exposure. Im sure a few AFO members would be happy to suppot others, if they knew what they do.

In addition to generic trades we could invite sponsors and fishing related affiliates such as:

Searing Tackle

Bozo's

Viking Kayaks

Sports Tuition

John Crawford Marine

Anaconda

TT Lures

And any others we can rustle up to add a distintive fishing flavour.

All in all it would be a great social at the very least and great exposure for fellow AFO members.

Let me know your thoughts.

Angus

Dinodadog wrote:

What do you mean AFO trade show

Dino: Bascially a place where AFO members come together and have stall advertising what they do in business. This way other AFO members can see what they do and possibly generate new business. Thats a bit repeitive of my first post but i cant word it better.

I would also invite our sponsors to have stalls as well.

Also I would organise a food stall etc.

Angus

maxi wrote:

hey gus, ripper of an idea ....

NCF will be there mate with bells on ... :laugh:

the biggest m & g ever ... :laugh: :laugh:

Maxi

Maxi thats an awesome idea. Having an affiliate fishing site/group there as well.

For those of you that dont know BFo and NCF plan on having mixed comps and trips in the future. So we coud head down to northern NSW's and they could come here. Oh my dear lord I just had the best idea actually for next year!

Ill get back to you!

Angus

TerryH wrote:

on future 'comps' will it be Team AFO vs NCF ? :P

for the trade show, soudns interesting

I think it would be every man for himself, or teams. Although im sure when the weigh ins begin there would be a reasonable ammount of appropriate heckling :P

Angus

great idea gus :laugh::laugh: :laugh: , i wont steal your thunder ... you announce it,. we will do it ... awesome idea again ... :laugh::laugh: :laugh::woohoo::woohoo:

so who has nsw bloodlines ????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Maxi

Ill start a new thread for the interstate comp when I talk to maxi about it a bit more.

Regarding the trade show, with the expressions of interest plus our sponsors and advertisers, I will 1005 be looking to put this together. Dont expect it until early in the new year though.

Angus

Archived