Logan river...

Dazzamcgee

Well its been a while since my last fishing report though I have managed to sneak out for a landbased flick here and there. The Logan river to me is turning out to be a tad tricky to work out as it's very tidal influenced. Heres a few things I have learnt about the Logan, Top and bottom of the tide is toad fish heaven so dont even bother. The last of the run out being the most productive with me scoring a 55cm flathead and a 40cm bream. Whole Pillies seem to be the go or any larger baits seem to attract the better fish/bites. Dont fish with light line if u really intend on catching the bigger fish as there is some real monsters in the Logan. I have upgrade my gear to 15lbs main line and 30lbs leader with snelled 8/0 hooks only to be bricked by some of the hardest head shaking beasts that I have encountered in any river.

Theres more crabs in the Logan then ya local whore house!! But they wont trap!! Catch them all day on ya line even at this time of the year! Longer soak time with the traps would probably score you a few. Anyways there plenty more to be learnt about the Logan so time will tell!

Pinkey, I've had many sleepless nights trying to work out what they might have been! As for structure the spot I've been working is basically a mud flat dropping of into a deep hole about the size of a in ground swimming pool so your guess is as good as mine?? I'm thinking Big jew or cod and maybe even a shark but what ever it was it could shake some head while stripping heavy drag??

I have a pic of the bream on my phone but have no cord to upload!! Is it possable for me to send it to someone for them to upload?? cheers

Hhmmmmm logan river is known for its big jew so that could be it.. or shark, ive faught sharks right up to my feet on 50lb mono leader , but they were only about 70cm so didnt fight to good even on 6lb, with 50lb leader. But saying your bricked that makes me think big cod, and they have been known to bite baits time and time again in the same hole with hooks in there mouths after busting some one off so you could be hooking up to one or two massive cod that inhabit that hole :P anyways keep at it, you seem to have a good spot cant wait till you land one.

Archived