Peel sunday night 04.08.2008

benno573

ok here goes...

ellicat, booty and i met up at viccy point boat ramp and headed out across the bay, picking mal and some gps batteries up at dunwich along the way. ellicat took us to his spot x on the SW side of peel, unfortunately no-one told the fish it was a spot x this time! plenty of fish landed there, including a maori cod, which went 57cm on the stick, unfortunately it's head had to start at 45cm for this to occur. :P booty went close with a 24.5cm moses perch on a gulp something. mal did an awesome job of catching various bits of the reefy bottom.

headed to a benno spot x not far up the road and the bite was a lot better. i landed a legal squire, booty got one a shade bigger not long after on a kokoda plastic. things were looking up. bass tracker and his 40ft riviera full of ralph models were supposed to come and visit but were a no show. :dry: the sun set in the east (i think) and the bay glassed out. beaut! i boated about 15 undersized squire before ellicat got on the board (he was going for a big sucker apparently ;) ) booty and mal were trying various methods with little luck. a fish with a hard head (i believe they are called a hardy head) was the gun bait at the time.

moved around the northern side, tried a few more spots. i caught the obligatory toady of the trip, booty forgot how to tie knots which proved costly. a couple more undersized squire and then headed back home. both legal squire were kindly donated to the "fish for ellis family" coorporation, a needy charity as the CEO generally fails to deliver the goods! :P

thanks heaps to brian for taking me out, was a great night out despite the light esky. look forward to doing it all agian soon!

stay tuned for comments from the peanut gallery... :laugh:

benno <'>-<

Not much I can add to the report once we were on the water, but b..e..f..o..r..e then!

I decided to be a law abiding citizen and put the wires back in my stern light and after testing it decided that it was a snug fit and could stay in there. Well on the way to the ramp it parted company with the boat and is somwhere along the 68km route. Ohh well not to worry.... t..h..e..n I have a look in the esy and its bare, the bait I got out for the trip must still ne sitting on the washing machine at home!

Onto the water I tread wearily but it all turned out ok, was some funny exchanges between boat and even a few 'flying fish' seen about.

Great night with great guys and want wait to get out there again soon.

Well it was a good night out - much better than sixty minutes! However I did miss the Tigers big win over the dogs, so leaving later would've been better:P

Don't know what benno's going on about - the first spot we hit was a hot bite.:woohoo: In the half hour I fished it I pulled in

1 Bream

3 Moses Perch

1 Tarwhine

2 Gunther Wrasse

1 Cardinal fish.

Benno was getting jealous and booty and Mal lost about a dozen rigs between them so we moved out to the next depth change. The squire there were absolutely hot on the chew in our boat and far more were missed than landed. Unfortunately being greedy and fishing with two rods going off at the same time and also trying to get some action shots for the report that's what happens:blush:

So after a pretty good session there we decided to hit Leighton's spot (thanks mate). Unfortunately they weren't there. So we moved to another spot nearby where benno brought in a few more low 30cm's before we called it a night and headed home on a glassed out bay.

Thanks for the company guys - look forward to many more nights out:)

Benno's Mauri cod on the ruler - [img size=366]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/bennomauricod0.JPG

post-564-144598467589_thumb.jpg

Archived