Daiwa Airity

mullies_chaser

have you tried ebay? thats the only place i think you may find one now cos im pretty sure the airity has stopped production. if i were getting a new spin reel now id be looking at 08 c2000 twin power or luvias 2004 from japan - cost wise they would be around the 200-300 mark delivered instead of the $400ish price here

namyau wrote:

dont doubt the luvias they are all they hype they have been made up to be. i personally dont have one but jeryl has 2 and ive used them and they are awesome reels

Exactly! I've got a 2000 size Luvias, took it out for the first time on Sunday morning and absolutely love it. Light as a feather and silky smooth drag.

Hi Mullies,

I bought a Luvias 2000 earlier in the year and absolutely love it. :) I got it from www.bass.jp for $285 and notice that they are now $277. I ordered it at 11am on a Friday and it was waiting for me at my office on the following Monday morning. :cheer:

yeah mate with that price range the luvias is definitely the best can come up with, great light body with smooth drag and bearrings, i just ordered some parts from Daiwa JP like a couple of bearrings to add on. and yea im pretty sure the airity has stop production, so why paying premium to get an older model if you can get better? :)

namyau wrote:

fishyman wrote:
i used jerylls

bloody nice reels

and im a shimano man :P

jeryls are slightly better then standard i believe he has tuned them with rcs drag bearing and handle bearings kits but yeah they are an awesome reel

Jeryl wrote:

...man did you mean 500-600 DOLLARS?!?!?!

namyau wrote:

hey mate was at anaconda logan last night and saw in the cabinet they have a 2000 size arity think it was about the 500-600 mark. but for that price id still be looking at the luvias or tp c2000

yes - might have been a bit lower but i wasnt really paying attention to it hhahaahahha

• 12 years later...

Uggh Most reels before 2013 looked so ugly even a modern sienna FG budget reel looks more pleasant to use then this old luvias . All I can say is light spinning reels have come on a long way since then i know this thread is like 12 years old but if you guys are still out there how was this reel? Their now selling roughly between $200-300 atm second hand 

52B73BB0-02B6-44C0-A58D-B6EA21231BFE.jpeg