Pinkenba Ramp 10/08 - PB flattie

Do$tylz

Hey all,

Went for a fish yesterday to try and christen the new rod I picked up from Nabs (nice to meet ya mate). Headed out to Pinkenba with a mate to try our luck off those rock walls.

We both started on plastics for a few flicks as we walked left of the ramp along the sand for no touches (random 4" clearish plastic, powerbait in some dark colour with a 1/16 jig head). Got to the beginning of the rock wall and saw some other blokes bait fishing at the end. So we stuck to our 50m stretch of rockwall and fished the semi-shallows. Had nothing for a bit so I changed to a sx40 in hopes for a random bream that may be swimming around.

Found that the Raider rod was awesome a casting out the sx40. Sweet. Anyway, got onto a flattie within around 10 casts of the sx40. Measured around the 40ish mark and let her go back in the drink for another days fight. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/10082008805_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598468681_thumb.jpg

And then a few more casts later about 3m off the rock wall my little Trion 1000 on 4lb braid went off. A couple of big headshakes and I knew I was onto a decent sized flattie. A brief fight and she came up to the wall then took off again, this happened a few times and eventually brought her up.

No brag mat yet, so measured her up to my rod. Will have to go home tonight to measure the rod and see how long she went, but she was by far the biggest flattie I have ever caught, a little fattie too :laugh: Was stoked as. Took a couple of snap shots then sent her off to fight another day. B) [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/10082008813_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598468685_thumb.jpg

Its the finesse bream 7'6 rod. Love the colour :) and it is a great rod.

but yeah after i caught these it went dead so we walked back to the car. Was caught out by the tide :blush: so went bush bashing to get back to the car. On the way there we found some boaties had found their boat beached up on the sand. So we took our shoes off and helped them push their boat back in the water. Good deed for the day :)

We drove off to Bretts Wharf to have a flick there. Never fished there before and don't think I will again. It was crap. Looks good, but caught nothing and zero touches.

Then went off to try Kangaroo Point... again for nothing. Just 1 or 2 touches.

By then it was 530 so had to head off to watch some comedy at the Powerhouse.

Anyway... no more fishing for 2 weeks. Then after that.... it'll be non-stop. Cheers for reading.

dino - yep. Had it christened withing 24hours of picking it up.

bris -I'm amazed when little fish go for big baits. :)

dec - yeah i've caught a few on them as well. Just not at any decent size.

nabs - rod was definately a good buy. my new favourite rod.

jords - haha.. man i just got it cut last week. Shoulda seen it 2 weeks ago.

tomca - it could have just been luck. Cox the rest of the 2 hours I fished with my mate we had maybe 3 more touches and that was it.

Stinger - yeah it looked like the main actual ramp part was completed. Just the sides and the lead up to the ramp was still being worked on. I could be totally wrong but thats what it looked like.

Archived