asked to move on by security

flatty_catcher

Went fishing a few nights back.

not sure of the location but its about 3 km past newstaed then turn right heading towards pinkenbah, you drive down the end and there is and artifical beach.

well at one end of that beach is some warf like structure and down on the rocks next to the warf there was where is was casting a lime tiger minow .... 3rd cast came up with this fella at 60 cm.

No sooner had i been there for 10 minutes the security guard came up and blah port of brisbane blah your within 30 meters of a warf blah blah blah blah blah

...a bloke cant have any fun anymore :dry:

night time on sp's

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_3564_AFO.jpg

post-2731-14459847111_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

yeh mate, around pinkenba...

the common user berth(wharf) they're protective of that...

they drive from there, down into setlow property and down then back to wharf... and they just keep patrolling that area, so no1 is fishing around there...

port of brisbane are just too picky, and don't budge really ... but that's alright, without em we'd be starving really :L

but i know people who fish on the wharf, they catch GREAT fish...

just take the risk ;)

i was told by the sheila security officer, that would fall over in a stiff breeze at that, said i could only fish off the beach and happy to do that, if they tell me to move on from there i will get in my tinnie and go out from the beach 2 mtrs and anchor up,if i get told to move from there i'll tell him to piss off, and he can call the cops, because they can only ask you to move on, and as long as i am 30 mtrs thereabouts away from the wharf, they can take a flying leap of faith. i know i can go other places in a boat, but i like it there, i wonder how long it will be before they ban boats from that particular beach, i can see it comming

is this from the beach directly opposite colmslie boat ramp? i was fishing on that beach there for no less then 2 hours last friday arvo, before security rocked up and said they had seen us on the cameras and asked us to move on because we were on port of brisbane land. so apparently there is a beach there, man made, that u can't swim at (sign says so), can't fish from...so why the hell did they create it in the first place?

Slick wrote:

is this from the beach directly opposite colmslie boat ramp? i was fishing on that beach there for no less then 2 hours last friday arvo, before security rocked up and said they had seen us on the cameras and asked us to move on because we were on port of brisbane land. so apparently there is a beach there, man made, that u can't swim at (sign says so), can't fish from...so why the hell did they create it in the first place?
and don't even think about beaching your boat there! mate it's a buy back thing for them stuffing up the bay, looks like the boaties are getting well and truely screwed on the deal, can't fish here, can't fish there,, WTF.. it's BS i reckon

Archived