Tweed Heads

Ash

Hi all,

I was just wondering who will be coming to the Tweed Heads fishing trip o the 11th June. Only 2 poeple have signed up. If more people are thinking of coming, you should sign up as we may need to organise transport. I already have george and myself going in my car, and i can fit 1 more person. First in best dressed, so sign up. Should be an awesome day as the bream are bouncing at the moment and near the mouth there have reports of Taylor aswell.

hay ash ill see what im doing

coz im fsihng the ABT event down there next month so i have to go for a practis some time

but ill ask dad tonight if he will take me down on monday and we can hire a boat down there.

ill sedn you a pm to see what im doing

cheers ando

Looking at the weather forecast Tweed might be one of the few spots to get out of the wind. I might join you guys, if thats ok. I know a few spot s down there but haven't been for about 5 years. What's the tide? I think it's about 1.5hrs before Brissy, which means about 6.30 high but add about an hr depending where abouts in the river. Out going tide is best on the tweed. I know where the bream, taylor and trevally used to be and there would be a good chance of a decent jew. Need live school prawns, poddy mullet and SP's, maybe some pillys for the bream. I'll be leaving about 3am or before, depends if I get live prawns tonight or gotta get em before I go. No cast nets allowed in tweed.

Hey Kaz, i looked up tide and it said 7:21 am. Mate if you know abit of the area, i'd love to meet up. Should be good as have heard some good reports of late, specialy around the bridges etc. Also have heard of a few Jacks being caught too!

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2006/06/09 18:13

Ash - sorry but I am not going to get to tweed. I spent the day working on the boat - replaced the carpet but with the rain the glue didn't dry. I just had another look and it still not ready and as it's 7.45pm it's getting too late.

Post edited by: kazabri, at: 2006/06/10 14:54

Thanks for offer Kaz, unfortunetly i havent got my arse into gear and gooten it. I'll be getting it withing the next few months as am planning to buy a tinnie with my redundency money. I get that mid june.

And as to fishing the tweed, unforetunetly i have been fighting a flew for the last 1/2 a week and it got extremely bad yesterday and today so i didnt go. I having trouble reading the screen at moment due to stuffie head and cold and flu tablets im on.

I will be going down though in either late june or july. I recommend poeople give it ago before winter runs out.

So sorry no report.:sick:

Archived