More action from the Albert !

Dazzamcgee

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ellicat, the yaks going great mate suprisenly better than I expected !! I was expecting it to be heavy with it needing plenty of push to get it up and going but its the complete opposite being very light on the water and uses the least amount of effort to get it going!!!:)

I just wish they came with a handbrake.....:dry: :laugh:

Money well spent!!;)

Bretto, sum were caught on Buggi pops35, 35mm Crawdads and micro mullet.......

NOTE: All Bass are released! Please do the same!

Brian D wrote:

Gezz Daz we do live in a great spot, now if can just keep promoting the arae real estate might take off. I'll be trying the reaches above this arvo and I'm taking some gardening tools.;) MIght see you there.

Mate that sounds like like a great idea!:)

I'm pretty sure I know where your heading;)

Pepper the hell out of the saddle!!

They will hear the splashes and come a running!;)

Good luck!!!!

Dazza and Brian...Seems you guys have been having an absolute blast on the Albert...Good Stuff!

But can I ask a small favour?

If you guys are fishing the pool below the weir, can you release the fish above the weir...else the meat-fishos simply clean them out. Go there on any given weekend and you will see what I mean. Last year I fished that pool (around this time of year) hard for about 3 weeks and in the time I put just over 70 Bass back above the weir. Most were the common rats that the river holds, but there were quite a few high 30s, low 40s. The biggest was 46cm.

Thanks guys. The Bass will appreciate it.

Leigh.

P.S The biggest I have ever heard of from a reliable source is 49cm.

loomis wrote:

Dazza and Brian...Seems you guys have been having an absolute blast on the Albert...Good Stuff!

But can I ask a small favour?

If you guys are fishing the pool below the weir, can you release the fish above the weir...else the meat-fishos simply clean them out. Go there on any given weekend and you will see what I mean. Last year I fished that pool (around this time of year) hard for about 3 weeks and in the time I put just over 70 Bass back above the weir. Most were the common rats that the river holds, but there were quite a few high 30s, low 40s. The biggest was 46cm.

Thanks guys. The Bass will appreciate it.

Leigh.

P.S The biggest I have ever heard of from a reliable source is 49cm.

Good point Leigh!!

I practice the same method when I can however I have never fished the weir or the lower pool due to the no fishing zone 200m either side so to return fish to the freshwater side is quiet impractial and very time consuming for me to do.....even tho its a smart idea....:)

Is the fishing abit tough on the topside hey?(no punt intended)

If so, maybe we could get afew of us together and do some large scale restocking maybe even look at tagging the bass going topside for future reference?

Do u know of any restocking/tagging programs happening on the Albert?

I don't fish that pool either, too many baiters and drunks. While I am at it, for all our sakes pick up your mess you dirty buggers, there is crap everywhere.

I haven't heard of stocking where we fish Dazz but back up around rathdownie carp busters (past) did some work 2 years ago. The Logan was stocked but I'm buggered if I know where. THe 2 rivers don't meet until way in the salt so I don't see the fresh connection. Feral I think the overflow would come from Maroon not Hinze. Hinze goes into the Coomera and is on the other side of teh mountians.

Loomis makes a good point, the fish can not get back over the weir. The fish we catch must be naturally breeding. Daz let's drag our yak down and help the cause. I gotta get a smaller yak (if I can find one that floats me)

BTW Dazz is that a hugh carp in the "saddle" car park? It was too smelly for me to go near but It looked like a 6-8lb'er. I also noticed the garden stakes have been re plugged. Nice work ;)

Brian that smelly fish dumped in the carpark is either a Barra or a Jew!! It was dumped there along with 2 garbage bags of what looked like Baby bass.....hard to tell for sure due to all the dry reaching from the smell... :X

It was all dumped by 3 guys in a white 4by4 loaded up with heavy beach fishing gear...Idiots!!

I'm pretty sure between the 3 of them they could have come up with a better idea than to dump it where they did!!

Did u fish the next spot downstream from the garden stakes the very last spot where the track stops?? Thats the rear of the saddle and it fishes better then the upstream end of the saddle where the garden stakes are...

Did u end up getting any fish???

I'm dragging the yak down there today at 2pm for a fish are u interested in a little help getting yours down there if u want to tag along??

I havent hit the Albert this season yet as I have been concentrating my efforts on other waters. One has proven to be quite suprising.

Fishing above the wier is at times harder, because the fish have a lot more water to spread out in. Below the weir they are a lot more concentrated, which would partly explain why the smaller fish are below the weir.

With any luck we will get another big flood very soon and the weir will go under...giving the Bass a free ride up stream.

Leigh.

P.S The Hinze is on the Nerang River.

Leigh.

Hi all,

This is cut and paste from the DPI website. It really pays to check where and where you're not allowed to fish. The weir does attract a fair amount of ferals. The rubbish down there is disgusting some days though having said that, I have seen a gentleman and his Mrs picking up other people's rubbish. Good on them for doing so!

Cheers

Prohibited Fishing areas

Fishing, which includes collecting, is not allowed in the following areas:

Albert River: from Luscombe Weir to 120 m downstream of the weir.

/>http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dpi/hs.xsl/28_3032_ENA_HTML.htm

Dazzamcgee wrote:

Brian that smelly fish dumped in the carpark is either a Barra or a Jew!! It was dumped there along with 2 garbage bags of what looked like Baby bass.....hard to tell for sure due to all the dry reaching from the smell... :X

It was all dumped by 3 guys in a white 4by4 loaded up with heavy beach fishing gear...Idiots!!

Frikkin lowlifes. Did you get their rego's and report or anything Dazz? Frikkin scum like that, that give the general fishing community a bad name.

Good point Leeann!!:)

Its very difficult to try an educate everyone as a whole about keeping Australia beautiful, as it all boils down to each individual having some pride in themselves and the environment.:)

Some have it and some don't!

I fish like I was never there!!B)

Narh mate didn't get the rego number as I thought they were just fishing untill I came back to the carpark to find their car gone and 3 garbage bags of fish......wish I did tho!!

MentallyUnsound wrote:

I caught this PB bass a couple of weekends ago, above the weir

Man was I stoked. It was a big day for me. first time ever catching a wild bass, 4 total for the day biggest was this one :woohoo:

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/afo_bass.JPG

Well done bagging your first wild one!!:)

Paddled the Albert today with a late start arriving around 7am :(

Caught 10 Rats largest was lucky to go 30cm...

8 of the 10 were caught on surface lures and the other 2 fell to 35mm minnows.

The Albert is in need of some rain soon as it's about 2ft lower than last time I was there... and the Bass are feeling it....

While I was out and about I spied myself a new stretch of water!! :) Will keep U all posted!!;) [img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_266_AFO-3e781877676169b68ed38a2aae704e96.jpg

post-633-144598474232_thumb.jpg

Brian D wrote:

On you Dazz, keep the team on a roll. I have been practicing too!

BTW I found a place with black buddgie pops in stock ;) PM if you want to know where.

BTW2 I found a launching spot for some cod if you're interested! Wonder if Aaron is?

Cod someone say cod, I'm there. Goddamn work gets in the way of to many fishing trips

Archived