More action from the Albert !

Dazzamcgee

Fished a new stretch this morning and what a stretch it was!!:woohoo:

Hit the water at 5:30 and started paddling sussing out all the new snags and having the odd cast here and there.

Using a jointed jitterbug for maximum splash it wasn't long before the Bass started hitting the yak! The first 3 bass nailed the oversized bug and required some skull dragging action to successfully remove them from the snag.

Had the odd "boof" here and there but after repeated cast to the same spots the bass never seemed to be interested the second time around so it became hit and miss mission. On the next failed hook up I quickly retrieved the jitterbug and grabbed the other spinrod which was rigged with a 60mm fluro minnow and with no hesitation flicked it out to the snag where the failed hookup occurred.

Two cranks of the handle and sure enough she was on!! The same thing happened again and a successful switch was made with a fish on!! Switch baiting you could say?:)

The sun was getting high and I noticed that alot of the snags from this morning which were shaded are now blistering in the sun and when the sun gets high theres two things that come to mind: Deep water and shade! Deep water was out of the question so it had to be shade as I wanted to continue with the surface action. Ditched the jitterbug and tied on a fresh Buggi pop35 and with the first cast and the first twitch "BOOF" Holy sh%t!! Water erupted in foam and tail as this bass went hard for cover fighting deep and dirty. The Tight drag wailed to keep the 6lb line on the spool and the yak started moving sideways heading straight towards a nightmare of fallen bottlebrush trees :ohmy: . Luckily the fish decided to head for deep water at the last second with me in tow and it was all over in a couple of minutes.:dry:

Next thing there was this loud sound crashing down around me!!:blink: Was is it the sound of shattering records??:ohmy:

Out with the tape measure and sure enough it go's 44cm beating my old Albert PB by 2cms!!:) :) B)

Peppered the hell out of the same area looking for more bigguns but could only manage 3 more smaller bass 40 38 35cms.

Called it a day and left with a smile on my dial!!:)

I'll be back! [img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_276_AFO-3e7b2e25dfb825c39141c01140da7f26.jpg

post-633-144598474367_thumb.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go Dazz, you're braining em.:laugh:

That 44 beasty must have been a tug a war, good that you won. :)

I remember reading a article about 2 years back, about a guy who spent 2 days in the Albert trying to catch a bass. His conclusion was that the river was dead and had no future. Ummmmmmmm maybe he should follow you around for a morning, doesn't look dead to me!

Quality stuff Dazza

Well as you all know I once again did the Albert this arvo. Casting large colorado bladed spinnerbaits at every snag I could find for zero cod but I did manage to find 7 rat Bass.

Conditions were tough as the wind just wanted to put me of target not to mention all the leaf litter covering the water surface. Found small pockets of water where the litter wasn't so bad and peppered it with surface lures and thats where the 7 rat bass were caught....

Carp were in plague proportions! Through just about everything in the box at them but they didn't want to play....Must have seen about 25 of the suckers.... [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_280_AFO.jpg

post-633-144598475016_thumb.jpg

kriso wrote:

maybe a sight spearing carp mission would be fun? never done it but would be fun way to wipe out vermin i guess. no idea on rules and laws in that area though

Hmmmm sounds like fun Kriso just wish I had a spear with me yesterday!!;) Would be very ezy to do as I had a school swimming right at the yak they were way to busy feeding to even notice me.

Took a lazy cruz on the Albert this morning hitting up all the usual spots.

Caught 6 Bass with the largest going 40cm missed afew hit ups here and there also played with the local carp for no love.

Beware!! The snakes are around!!:blink:

Had a Mexican stand off with a brown snake this morning!!

Lucky for me I had the yak paddle in my hand to defend myself with!

Keep ya eyes peeled! [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Picture_285_AFO.jpg

post-633-144598475469_thumb.jpg

Good to see you going hard with the new lures Dazz, even if you are enjoying yourself while I'm at work.

How was the river? I expect a little dirty, lots of leaf litter and runing a bit quick after all the rain. That might be why you were using a diver and not surface lure.

Brian D wrote:

Good to see you going hard with the new lures Dazz, even if you are enjoying yourself while I'm at work.

How was the river? I expect a little dirty, lots of leaf litter and runing a bit quick after all the rain. That might be why you were using a diver and not surface lure.

The rivers pretty good considering! Not as much litter as last time and theres really no run though the water level has risen abit.

Brian I was using the surface lures as a "searching lure" to find'em then switching to divers to extract them if they failed to hookup. The new lures seem to work!

Yes I enjoyed myself while you were hard at work!!!:P

When are u going to hit it up?

Archived