New boat, any hints on lower Brisbane river spots

greery

I have just got a new boat and havnt been on the water for 5 years and never on the Brissy River. Can anyone point me towards some spots to try. Would like to target, snapper, threadfin and bream. Also would like to get some livies if anyone offer suggestions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greery

i would suggest clara's rock as a starting point, but you might need to try there more than once,if you sound around you'll find it has got everything. steep ledges deep holes a bombie kelp even a big red beacon as well as a creek that runs off to one side and other structure, just sound around ;)

clara's rock.... if you leave fisherman's island ramp go under the overpass, past the water police on the left, stay to the left hand side, about 8- 12 mtrs off the rocks on your left, bloody big barges on your right, then you will approach tugg boats on your left,when you get to the last tugg boat wharf, if you turn to 10 oclock you'll see a big red beacon. head aprox 15 mtrs inside this beacon and head towards the shipping wharf right in front of you, and watch your sounder,it will come up to about 2 mtrs depending on the tide.but don't just pull up and throw out the anchor, as there is a lot of cubby holes around this place you have to go into fishing mode with your head. think about the best location to hide if you were a big fish, ahchor away from there and berley like mad, you will prob have to try this a couple of times, as the bigger fish are not silly, if it is the only place you fish for 6 months you will be rewarded, best times i have found are at night with the tide running out. think about it good luck ;)

Archived