a spot worth trying

noname

i just got back from a water test with my other boat, i had noticed directly across from colmslie boat ramp, some work has been going on for a while so decided to take a closer look.while approaching the beach, yes beach i noticed a nice ledge so i beached the boat and went for a bit of a wander. here comes security to tell me to piss off, but no, actually had a bit of a chat,she told me i could not fish off the rocks, only off the beach which was fine by me. i could see bait flickering around around the ledge, so i throw out the cast net as far as i could, but only managed 1 whiting, well you know where he went, and cast him out,20/30 mins later the baitrunner was off, not for long but a very fast run, and i left my little mate out there, but he was mighty quiet so i reeled him in, and no wonder he was quiet, something took him and just missed the hook, with the bait too far out it was time to bail, so tomorrow i will be back there better prepped, livies galore, berley bomb sitting in the deep,and i will be sitting in my deck chair beside my boat, drinking coke and smoking, just waiting to see what happens, and you don't need a boat to get there, it's a park of some sort of parkand and get this, they actually rake the sand everyday, cafe is normally open to midnight 50 mtrs away,but on occasions it has still been open at 4 am

boofa wrote:

where exactly is this is this place mate..

good luck there in the future..

cant wait for another report

cheers boofa

ok if your right under the gateway bridge, head west and you have the golf course then a small creek, beside the creek is vacant land now and beside the vacant land is this new park, just park the car 40 mtrs away and your on the beach, i will be going this week just to see if i can catch anything, might see ya there

Archived