Kilcoy Club comp Somerset

Feral

Well we all launched around 6ish this morning into a pea soup fog that hung around until nearly 9 o'clock.

Alex and I were in the Silver Bullet, keen to try our luck with our new cod lures. We fished for a couple of hours for no luck, I even tried trolling. No go.

But those new cod lures are awesome, the new manns 30 footers I could not fish them with my 2-5 kilo rods, they went that deep and had that much action it looked like I was playing a stonker fish just running the lure! Perfect with the 6-8 kilo rod.

So we went exploring, cruising up stream as far as the Villeneuve road (near the quarry). Saw lots of wildlife, did not go any further upstream as there was a fair bit of runoff in to the dam from last nights storms, with lots of weed and debris.

Anyway cruised back in to the ramp at 12 for the weigh in, to find that bait had caught plenty of fish, garden worms doing the damage! No fish caught on lures. As it is closed land, I reckon I might start to leave some shrimp traps in there permanently.

Biggest Yella went 1.5kg

Biggest Silver Perch went 2.3kg

Biggest tandanus went 2kg.

The people who caught the most and biggest fish, believe it or not, fished landbased at the ramp, all of the fish caught around the posts of the fence disappearing in to the lake, in about 3 foot of water!

No photo's of the fish, probably about 30 caught all up by the club.

No

Dino not a single bass!

Was a fair bit of surface action under trees where the shags were nesting, but could not entice a bite. I reckon a nice "bald baby shag" lure would be dynamite at the moment!

So if you have a lure that looks like this, I'd appreciate a loan of it next weekend! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P9200015.jpg

post-134-144598473027_thumb.jpg

Archived