Lucky man

Goran

Well this happened around 2 weeks ago or so, me and a couple of mates decided to go for a fish at graceville just to kill some time were not targeting sharks at all, just catties and whatever else was around on light gear. Recently bought myself a 2500 twin power on a gary howard m66 and that was the day to try it out all set up with 6lb braid. Got there started casting not much luck got a few mullet. Put one on my hook and out it went... nothing nothing nothing.. around 3 hours later we were almost ready to call it quits and bang! the drag went nuts. pick it up give it a bit more to play with beacause it was only 6lb braid. Was so excited thought it was a decent size thready there was even some surface action.. Still going for around 20 minutes and finally get it infront of my face and there it was a bull shark... Measured at 83cm's. First shark ever caught without a steel trace and on 6lb line! Was preety happy about that one, reason i believe i landed it because it was hooked right in the corner of the mouth where it coudent bite through.

Goran

boofa wrote:

woah great stuff mate...

would have fought like a beauty...

hahah sounds like the bullys are back hahaha

cheers boofa

yes boofa, probably fought like a monster catfish (so u could compare it to sumthing)

bahahaha- joking m8.

shame ur workign this weekend... ill make sure mooman takes pix with his phone if we catch anythign decent.

-Wiseguy

Archived