upper river tonight

jeff f

putting the boat in at kooka park this afternoon going to see if there is much happening between the ramp and the junction possibly beyond.livebaiting and lures.

will probably stay out all night.

got room for a decky or 2 if they dont weigh much

ability to throw a castnet desirable

if anyone wants to join me, pm me, or give me a call on 0439726008

can pick up around the ipswich/karrana area or find your own way to the ramp

I'm not sure yet, Sounds like a long hike:(

But you never know. I'll go soak a few Prawns and a livey in the Brisbane somewhere. I'll give you a ring sometime during the night Jeff, See how you are going with them?:huh:

Make sure you post if you dont go, I dont want to wake you at 2 or 3am and your still at home:blush:

Good luck with them mate.;)

Jayson

Hope yoou did better than me mate.

Drag peeled on a live herring, There was a flash of silver on the top of the water and it was gone:( Didn't even have time to grab my rod:blink: Then it was just Bream after Bream. I did have a couple of drag peeling moments on more livies though, but I'm sure they were crabs.

Got home at 4 friggen left my phone at home hense No Call.

Jayson

jeff f wrote:

lost a threadie beside the boat

landed 3 bullsharks 83 87 90 cm

got plenty of runs for no hookup (livebaits too big)

only 1 cattie and no pike eels

biggest shock was the pair of dolphins all the way up at kooka park

wow no pike eels! that more amazing then the dolphins lol, did you drop any pots off?

Well bugger me I have pulled some weird looking critters out of the water along that stretch, but never seen or heard of dolphins there! But that is good news, it must be super salty WOOT!:woohoo:

The 90 cm bullie is a good size too mate. I wouldn't have thought they would be biting for a month or two yet but you proved me wrong :laugh:

Did the thready take a prawn bait specially set or did it take a shark bait on the wire? Whenever I have tried prawns for salmon the friggen catfish find it in about 2 mins flat.:angry:

Any piccies mate?

Archived