going out tonight

fishyman

me and anth are thinking of hitting the poo shute tonight for some nightime breaming on lures.

dunno how succesful we will be but hey we will give it a go, havnt used my UL gear in ages and want to test out these new atomic hardbody's

ill have the camera so ill throw up some

UN DOCTORED PHOTOS! :huh: :huh: :ohmy: :laugh:

on sunday sometime

one question, is it safe to park your car there? ive never fished there so i am unsure if you can see your car from where you fish

I drove my Hiace work van out there this morning.. and usually do after work.. just check it out on google earth first. and if ur not in a 4wd stay outta the sand would be my tip.. some times i take my hilux out but i find when i do a land based session im usually going straight after work... if u havent been there b4 u will piss ur pants... it's my fav land based spot.. ;)

mate I always drove the corolla all the way to the poop shoot. there's a small patch of sand at the end, that's easy stuff

The clay/mud stuff before hand is exciting, just keep your revs up and dont stop lol

Edit: hahaha although driving at night I always managed to miss the tracks and go through the soft crap. Best of luck:)

I've never been bogged there yet, so just keep momentum up, and gun through it you hsuold be sweet. Don't call me for a tow but :D

TerryH wrote:

mate I always drove the corolla all the way to the poop shoot. there's a small patch of sand at the end, that's easy stuff

The clay/mud stuff before hand is exciting, just keep your revs up and dont stop lol

Corolla's are unstoppable.. i came across one once in the soft sand all the way up the end near double island point.. There was a guy today at the poo shoot in a astra.. just gay on the off chance u get stuck.. takes away from good fishing time.. but yeh i guess it is all about rev's. :silly:

although this is what happened last time we went to shultz [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/l_02d06ba23405db6d9574808514db797c_AFO-a132d79e4c8ca900a9b57bcee3e4f072.jpg

god that was a logn day, jacked it up and put all those pallets under the tyres and eventually got out haha.

those tyres are sooo shit hahaha

well that didnt go according to plan,

first of all, got lost :blush: lucky my phone has GPS so we made it there without to much delay. then we were unsure how far we could drive up so we went right pretty much to the end. stank like all hell aswell. so we started fishing (looks pretty good with all those overhanging trees and stuff) and what do ya know like 30th cast snagged my new lure and couldnt get it off :angry: at this stage anth had caught one flattie about 20cm lol and already fallen over and injured his shin. we kept fishing i tried a few different lures but none had success :( a whole stack of weed around there at the moment. it was really tought to have a cast and not bring back some form of weed aswell.

definetly has potential if you can get past the smell hahahaha. i think we had more fun chasing rabbits in the sierra than fishing haha.

Archived