tips on vibrations?

James W

can anyone give me a few tips on how to work tt switchblades and damiki vaults?...just got me a few of each and any help would be great as i have only seen them fished once while fishing with keechie (and he out fished me bigtime) and im keen to see what i can produce on them...and what fish have you guys got on them before?

thanx:)

I've had the most success using blades just doing a very basic lift and drop. Just cast out your lure let it hit the bottom then just lift the rod slowly enough so you can feel the lure working. Then let it drop again. Generally fish like bream flatties trevally tailor etc will hit them and usually it's on the drop. Another technique I use is once it's hit the bottom give it 2 or 3 rips to really get it vibrating.

Vibe lures can be used in a number of different ways. I usually just give them one or two small flicks, let them sink for a little while and repeat.

They can be retrieved with a steady constant wind close to the bottom...if they are vibrating they will attract attention.

If the fishing is slow I'll use long slow lifts of the rod tip to get maximum vibration going in hope of bringing fish in.

Last summer I was using heavier blade lures ( evergreen littlemax ) on bass at North Pine Dam.

In the late afternoon when the bass would rise to the surface I would give it a good cast out, let it sink for just a second then rip the hell out of it.

Hooked heaps of bass with this technique....you just have to be careful as it gets closer it can fly out of the water and come straight at your melon.

Like any lure, don't restrict yourself to one or two retrieves. Mix it up and have a good play with them to see what they can do.

I've just got a bunch of switchblades and fitted them with bigger owners on the back to see if I can get some edge feeding bass. I'm not expecting to cast them very far on 10lb line though. Wish me luck.

Mack_attack wrote:

That's pretty interesting stuff LGM. I didn't know that the bass rose to the surface in the afternoon:)

oh and good luck with the switchbaldes :P

Yeh mate, If you head out to North Pine Dam on a late summer arvo, especially if a few storm clouds are rolling in. Fish will be making rings on the surface all over the place.

Early morning they play near the edge or on top of the water and they head deeper as the sun comes up. In the afternoon they seem to hit the edge and the surface again. They don't like the sun too much.

The fish were too far out to reach with a popper so I'd use the heavy blade lure retrieved very very quickly as a subsurface lure.

yeah i watched that on IFISH this weekend gone, decent bream to say the least :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dazzamcgee wrote:

I watched Bushy using them for Bream and he was just letting them sink to the bottom then he would proceed with a slow roll just fast enough to keep them off the bottom...

He caught sum stonker Bream with that method....:)

• 1 month later...

Burko wrote:

what hole do you guys use. I tried them out at deep water bend the other day and didn't get a hit while some other yokels were catching the odd bream on frozen prawns.:angry:

I mainly use switchblades for bass and prefer the back hole on the 1/4oz model. Gets a much heavier vibration at slower retrieve speeds.

The blades like the vaults and switchblades come swith 3 holes.

Front hole : Place the quick snap clip in the front hole for maximium action when vertically jigging.

Middle hole : Use this hile when fishing flats,banks or schooled fish when a medium to fast retrieve is required.

Rear hole : The use of this towing point gives the Lure maxium vibration for slower retrieves

Hope that helps;)

Archived