Eging report @ the gold coast

Jeryl

went for a trip down the gold coast and did some eging with my mate namyau last friday night, got to the spot at around 8pm tide was just about the run out which is what we needed :) it was bit cold and they were holding at down deep collum, so i decided to first use the Daiwa emeraldas MD squid RV 3.5 Deep to cast to the deep drop off, after about 15 mins working the jumps it pays off :cheer: got the first one right on the drop off and then the second one closer to the shallow area, both about 550g.

15082008447.jpg

and it was time to search some upgrades, since the tide started to pick up so i switched to a bit lighter egi to drift with the current but with more rattles to catch more attention: Daiwa emeraldas MD squid RV 3.5. casted it far up current and landed right near the second drop off and doing less aggressive jumps and pick up slack line quickly, soon after felt something end of the line, then strike hard and next thing i know was the rod bended and line kept peeling :lol:

thought it was near a kilo but after a couple mins fight then i got it on the land, estimated around 750-800 gramer, not too bad still.

15082008448.jpg

so hopefully when it gets warmer then its time to do some serious eging :) thanks for looking

tackle used:

Graphiteleader Nuovo Calamaretti 832-M

Daiwa emeraldas 2506 W handle customised

egi: emeraldas MD squid RV 3.5 Deep, emeraldas MD squid RV 3.5, yozuri flashdancer 3.25 and 3.75

was a fun night even though i didnt manage to land a single squid. however i did try the new atomic guzzlers and first cast towards a pylon let it drift with the current a bit and then felt some head shakes. didnt pull any line but lots and lots of head shakes later i managed to pull up a nice lil flatty around about 25cm. I have to admitt this winter has been a very slow one for jeryl and myself but still we are having fun hehheeh - at least i didnt get a donut this trip

haa cheers mate nah its just the flash and actually just little advice for everyone want to be involved in eging (squidding) a glow stick will do you nothing but to keep you away from the squid, because they're actually scared of it, and they're one of the species in the ocean have the best eyesight so don't worry it can't see your egi at night :cheer:

werewolf wrote:

Dang that is some big squid!:laugh: On that second pic where you are holding the big boy, is that a glow stick that is swallowed? Or just the flash (like in the first pic, I think)? :blink:

haa yea maybe i should but not sure will ppl are going to believe that thou :side: and just too shameful to mention i got smoked by massive breams too :P

Dan23 wrote:

Man that's some nice squidding dude. Are you gonna mention the 50 flatties we pulled on the weekend? :cheer:

thanks pinkey, yea i think it might be the bp from qld so far, been trying so hard to find out where those big one are. btw the bp of mine was still the 2kg caught in hong kong, that was great fun B) when it gets warmer i'll be targeting those 3-4kg ones. (if there's any in qld ;) )

pinkey wrote:

Great work! Whats your pb squid from qld?

Archived