Bream Social April 29th 2012

Manni79

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sunday is looking pretty wet! Willy saying 80% 15-25mm!!

Also just to remind people - there is a $100 valued prize pack from Damiki (thankyou Rob) for the winner :)

Dont forget to take a FOTM photo as well as it is bream. Could score a good haul of Damiki!

Khoi there are a few questions from people in the actual group I cant answer.

Ramps and how to enter/submit fish being up there.

Angus

I reckon I can make this one since it is up in my neck of the woods. I'll be fishing land based, but ought to be at the ramp bright and early to say g'day to everybody (and hide bananas in your boats :whistle: ).

See you Sunday.

Mate see if you can snap up Tuggers deckie spot on offer :)

Jut 2 questions I want to clarify...

So it's the longest combined bag of fish...for eg. I get 5 bream all go 30cm to the fork. My bag length is 150cm..?

Also will non legal sized fish be counted? For eg again I get 5x 20cm fish..? It is ok to take a pic of it and throw him back right?

Yes longest combined bag of fish like they do for KFT.

It would make it a lot easier if only 25 fork and over were entered otherwise the lineup at the end would be very time consuming

lucky bugga manni, they all look the goods, i am really enjoying looking at the cranka crank and atomic hardz.. ive got on on thoses mustard fellas aswell.. swims the gooods.

So, is the life guard place just over that massive bridge? Near pelican park?

lucky bugga manni, they all look the goods, i am really enjoying looking at the cranka crank and atomic hardz.. ive got on on thoses mustard fellas aswell.. swims the gooods.

So, is the life guard place just over that massive bridge? Near pelican park?

You crack me up Runty :lol::lol:

I'm thinking we may need to have a bit of an intervention for Runty.... I'm starting to worry that he may go blind over his excitement while ogling lures :whistle: :whistle: :evil: :evil:

Honestly though Runty, good on ya for picking a better path than many of the kids today choose. :woohoo:

Will be attending my first social!

Boy Do I love not having to work Saturdays and sundys ! Why a chane of career can do! Seeya soon guys, being on marks bait boat I'll abilge and throw chunks of bait at them!

no braid or no lures for you then on sunday callum ;)

It's a bit late now but maybe we should have tried to get one of the gun bream luro's to give a bit of a talk on techniques and setups for breaming at the bbq afterwards to help out the guys that want to get into it in the future. Bream luring seems to be the one thing that alot of guys struggle with, I know I could still do with some pointers ;)

Can't find the what i've bought thread but i had some Bream & Bass lollies arrive today.

Some will get a work out this weekend :)

[attachment=49553]photo.JPG[/attachment]

Bream lollies!

I like the look of that Snoop Dog walker...

I'm really interested in trying out the Saku lures, the look pretty good !!

Lures get laughed at so there out, braid is ok, depending on the skippers mood and the state of the esky he's happy to untangle it! :woohoo: but as the day goes on I tend to stay the other side of the boat to ensure I don't get tangled! We all haver admit the stuff is aweful for making a BIG mess out of something seriously small lol

Will be on the 6lb straight through fluro on Sunday !! Good things come to those who bait!

It's a bit late now but maybe we should have tried to get one of the gun bream luro's to give a bit of a talk on techniques and setups for breaming at the bbq afterwards to help out the guys that want to get into it in the future. Bream luring seems to be the one thing that alot of guys struggle with, I know I could still do with some pointers ;)

Sorry man will be doing the same thing at the gamma round in NSW, other wise woulda loved to

Sorry man will be doing the same thing at the gamma round in NSW, other wise woulda loved to

what? you cooking the snags there jords??

Well I did expect you and Runty to come along with something intelligent to add :P

Jut 2 questions I want to clarify...

So it's the longest combined bag of fish...for eg. I get 5 bream all go 30cm to the fork. My bag length is 150cm..?

Also will non legal sized fish be counted? For eg again I get 5x 20cm fish..? It is ok to take a pic of it and throw him back right?

Yes longest combined bag of fish like they do for KFT.

It would make it a lot easier if only 25 fork and over were entered otherwise the lineup at the end would be very time consuming

so that's definatly a yes on only legal fish are to be entered. Legal being 25cm to the fork?

Is there a back up plan as the forecast is for 1`5 to 20knot winds possibly reaching 25knots at times i have been there once many years ago and remember it as very exposed except for those small canals

I think there needs to be a back up plan tugger. Last time I was out there in 15-20knot winds it wasn't much fun..

yeah I'm not too keen in bobbing around the bay in my tiny tinny.......how about the coomera? plenty boat ramps and parks etc, santa Barbara boat ramp would be perfect.

Is there a back up plan as the forecast is for 1`5 to 20knot winds possibly reaching 25knots at times i have been there once many years ago and remember it as very exposed except for those small canals

I think there needs to be a back up plan tugger. Last time I was out there in 15-20knot winds it wasn't much fun..

yeah I'm not too keen in bobbing around the bay in my tiny tinny.......how about the coomera? plenty boat ramps and parks etc, santa Barbara boat ramp would be perfect.

Deepwater Bend would still provide a protected area to launch and keep it close to the originally intended location.

Archived