simmano

Greetings all

Well I’m new to AFO but not new to fishing around Brissie. Been fishing around SEQ since I was a kid and wish we’d had a site like AFO back then – really helps to appreciate all the great fishing at our doorstep!

Have been lucky to fish right around Australia over the years and my brag list includes bass, silver perch, bream, whiting, flathead, tailor, dart, jack, thready, barra, pearly, schoolies, mack tuna and mahi mahi. Locally though I tend to spend most time in the estuaries.

Fishing career was on hiatus until recently due to several years living interstate and in the USA but now I’m back and trying to spend more time on the water when my crazy consulting job permits.

Most recent trip was bait (live yabby) fishing the Brunswick for a whole bunch of undersized bream and whiting. Guess that's better than a donut.

Recently discovered kayak fishing and love how it connects you with the water. Reckon I’ll be spending a lot more time on the yak from now on. Favourite combo is my Shimano Spirex 2500 that I rescued from cash converters many years ago plus a Bullwhip rod that helps me flick bream lures from the yak. Also have access to a 12ft tinny that I gave to a mate before I went OS but reckon i might see if he wants to give it back to me. :)

Love this site and congrats to the ppl who set it up and keep it running. See you all online and hopefully at a social or two.

cheers

welcome to the site, and congrats on a great intro.we are lucky in seq,good freshwater creeks,and fresh head waters of rivers,dams to fish,great choices of saltwater areas to choose from and of course the Brissy river.Tight lines and hope your esky opens regularly :)

Archived