Ipswich

Brian D

I am taking the wife to Ipswich to view some d'Arcy Doyle paintings for a wedding aniversary weekend - wow should be great - Is there anywhere I can sneak a quick fishing trip in or should I leave the rods at home and collect brownie points - I sure need the points!

Any suggestions?

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/09/29 06:02

kholo bridge is worth a shot, walk the banks work the snags and overhanging branches, I picked up 2 small bass on a berkely frenzy after an hour or so of trying with plastics and poppers. while I was there a guy was doing well under the bridge fly fishing and some other fellas came up later and used a cast net and got some really decent mullet. Also the opposite side to where I was something was getting smashed by something a lot bigger than the bass I got maybe shark?. Give it a go if you are able to and let us know how you go.

efess

Cribb Park is another option smack in the middle of town. There is a little jetty there that gives good access to the water. There is a lot of current there, there is heaps of garbage in the water, but supposedly a lot of sharks get caught there. I've only fished it the once, in winter, lol I'll keep my sharking to warm weather these days thanks:whistle:

Archived