Brisbane river

RUSSIAN

g'day fellow afo'ers, i have a question for you luggage point fishers. I am planning to head out there on saturday the 5th of march for a sharkie (weather permitting) i was aondering what would be the chances of hooking up to the drop off,say, if you paddle out your baits 80m or so. all answers are much appreciated.

ps- have already got baits :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: (1 thing down 1milion to go)

it depends where you fish i normally set up camp at the end of the tanker etc and paddle my baits out the biggest hits have come from the bottom of the trench but theres a high loss rate to the edge of the drop off i fish 80lb mono and get pinged very easy theres a few sharp things on the edge

i like to go out to the top off the drop and slide a bait just down a bit then have a balloon on the surface to help the line clear the edge but bear in mind im fishing big and heavy we do get quite a few pups around the 4 ft mark and a few a bit bigger im still waiting for something huge

it didn't work, but that doesn't matter, could you just explain where is is eg-luggage point ect

unfortunately the government is letting out 25 percent of the dams water, which sucks, will this decrease my chances, what tide will be better to fish (my opinion, low as the fresh water goes out to the bay, am i correct?)

gee so many questions :lol: :lol:

cheers

just type howard smith drive into goodle maps and look at the far left side where it ends in a dirt car park theres a small beach and decent acess to the water

i like low tides but tend to go overnight the port security can give you are a hard time if they think your sleeping sounds strange but true

i think this place will work better that luggage as theres no sharp trench but it is a lot more shallow still not such a bad thing tho

ive almost talked my self into going lol

hope this helps

jason

Archived