advice needded

e-fish-n-sea

hi everyone iwas wondering if anyone knew the best way to keep ants out of my boat whilst its sat on the drive .Ive covered it over with a tarp to keep the rain off and since then ants have taken to goin in it ive used sprays but i think there addicted to them i know there is probably nothin i can do but ive got to ask :dry:

Have you tried ant sand? I have used it around the house with good success. Maybe once you get all the ants out of the boat with spray or water, spread heaps of sand around the wheels and anywhere else they would be climbing up into the boat, should keep them from getting in there in the first place.

John Eadie told me to make sure there is nothing in contact with your boat, like trees or branches etc, the ant sand around the wheels would be a good idea, then put some food out, and watch where they take it and hit them hard with surface spray, I had them living in mine before I garaged it, and the surface spray and that technique flushed them out and killed them all.

Is the boat on concrete?

Use surface spray all around where boat and concrete touch.

Even if the ants get past it they will soon die and not be able to nest in the boat in numbers.

Make sure you wash the boat well after use as well, A little bit of old bate can really attract ants.

Ants hate acidity, I use a strong vinegar and spray it about liberally in my boat and around the house. After rain you will need to reapply as it will get washed off. Don't use the cheap stuff and it isn't acidic enough (less than 5%). Check the percentage on the bottle, you should be looking for between 5% and 10%. Be careful with the 10% though, don't get it on your skin for too long or breath the fumes in.

Archived