Inskip point fishing any suggestions

sam@2bentrods.com.au

Finally its the end of the school holidays (for most) and for the first time in four years we get to go fishing on our own.

The kids are now old enough to take camping and we off to Inskip for five days of fishing, surfing camping and maybe a cold ale or two.

We have never been there before apart from driving past to go to Fraser (long before the kids came along) and would like some tips on where to camp apparently there are four areas to choose from.

Also any tips on where when and what to fish for would be great.

Thanks guys, we will be sure to put up a post when we get back.

we where up there 14/1 to 20/1/09 . not many pippies on the surf side beach and the dart about the same, whiting and Flathead on the calm side in the bay.that was at the SS dorrigo campground ,there was a gutter there but not a real good or long 1,looked like better gutters down the beach on the way to rainbow .the crabing in the calm side (pelican bay) was ok sandy,s and muddy's ,u just got to walk out knee to thigh deep in mub to drop the pots.if it's going to be windy i would go to M.V. sarawak or M.V. beagle campgrounds or camp on the pelicen bay side more shelter .m.v.natone and the oaks if if gets windy u will get sand blasted if u are on the front camps near the beach.try to camp where there is some breeze or the sand flies will eat u alive. thats all i can think of for now ,its a nice spot and very peacefull in non peak times ,my home away from home.:)

oh fogot to add if u are traveling up the beach from tewantin to raindow use freshwater track, the mudlo rocks are impassable.i had a look on dead low and still wasn't willing to give it a go ,was a 0.91 low so u would would want a bigger low to get past .in september we got past at low not a prob .but it changes so guick up there on the beach.there is also dead trees near leisha track raindow side and from rainbow to inskip that are only low tide passable.

Archived