fishing the tides

blockah

more so the run of the tide is more important i reckon , i have snapped a 65cm flatty in 1 ft of water on a .2 m low at raby bay , and then got smoked by a bigger model in knee deep on the run in an hour later . also pulled a few 60cm + from raby bay on different tides in and out . usually on a big tide change like .2m low >>> 2.2 high

it's horses for courses, every place fish is different, rather than fish the tides, i try different things depending on currents etc. some spots have a raging current that makes it impossible to fish it. soooooo! but i think it's the same all over, no matter where ya go fishin. ask some local that REALLY knows whats what, listen to what he has to say, berley up, bring the fish to you, and have patience, rome wasnt built in a day, but if your in the vicinity of good fish , and you do everything right, you will have more of a chance than if you just sat there saoking a bait out back ! especiallt these days with most of the bay being a nursery. just the other day i spoke to a lad at a ramp who was cleaning a really good size snap. it was his first of that size after years of trying, he gave me the spot where he caught it and i know they are there but far and few between now. and the time it was caught was typical of the bigger boys bein caught in the bay, and sometimes it's just plain old bloody luck! but in sayin all this there are places i fish where i like the water to be a certain depth. so take from that what you will, and i have confused the hell out of every 1 now huh ? sorry. but thats fishin i guess. fishin these days is forever changing, and we have to change also. but 1 think i know is, there is no right or wrong way to fishin.

Archived