Travel Insurance

ONTHECHEW

Have got a few trips organised overseas in the next year, was just checking to see who most people do their travel insurance through. Have rung around a couple of places and so far all only insure sporting goods for $500 per piece, which considering nearly all of my combos cost $1000(rod + reel $2000 combined) per combo it is not a good cover. Have heard some banks do insurance for up to $1000 per piece but have also heard that bank's travel insurance is dodgy. I know I have a problem spending this much money on gear but just after some decent insurance that will cover it.

Andrew Phillips

Hey Mate

There is a great article about travel insurance cover which may help. Some insurance companies will offer additional $$ coverage with a slight increase in the premium

/>http://www.smh.com.au/money/planning/travel-insurance-cap-may-not-fit-20100524-w6la.html

More and more these days people require a higher dollar value coverage, when you think about, a mobile phone, digital camera, mp3 player alone could be worth a few grand let alone your standard posessions & then fishing gear on top of that.

Travel Insurance Direct i beleive can tailor specific insurance plans and provide a higher $$ amount coverage as required, obviously that will alter the cost of the premium

I have not used them personally but worth a call mate to see what they can do

Above all... check the product disclosure statement to make sure your not getting jipped !!

best bet may be to call a few of the companies and get quotes from a person for your specific needs. the online quotes and brochures can only offer so much. most of the bigger insurance companies should do custom coverage for things like this.

Mate there are about 93 policies, some include big names such as tid, medibank, nab, etc

are all underwritten by allianz insurance (Eti Australia) but all claims processing is done in Brisbane. Always check the last page to see if it states ETI Australia. The only thing I can warn you is that they are extremely picky with their word definitions! Beware. I would suggest contacting aami or covermore.

Archived