Scotts point Tailor ?

FisherT

Next week I am planning to do a trip to scotts point. Does anyone know if the tailor are about yet ? I will be landbased , and ill be using metal slugs and floating pillies.

P.s , would it be worth it to bring my shark rod , ive seen a few sharks around there before , is it to cold for them there , or does that onlt apply to bullies in the rivers?

Cheers

Next week I am planning to do a trip to scotts point. Does anyone know if the tailor are about yet ? I will be landbased , and ill be using metal slugs and floating pillies.

P.s , would it be worth it to bring my shark rod , ive seen a few sharks around there before , is it to cold for them there , or does that onlt apply to bullies in the rivers?

Cheers

never say never with sharkin, no mater where i go whether its cold or not, i will always have a shark line out. you dont no what will happern.

and are you talking about scotts point at redcliff

Yeah true mate , last time i was there a shark around 1.5 metres long swam right infront of my feet , i think it was some type of blind shark or a nurse shark. And I saw some wobbegongs too , And yeah mate , Scotts point at Reddcliffe .

try an unweighted pillie first up or under a float to keep it away from peckers, if you have no luck their head south to woody point jetty and try for tailor their, they have been getting afew their.

shark bait- live or dead mullet or my favourite fresh water eel

try an unweighted pillie first up or under a float to keep it away from peckers, if you have no luck their head south to woody point jetty and try for tailor their, they have been getting afew their.

shark bait- live or dead mullet or my favourite fresh water eel

woody point would also be good for sharks. saw a cpl of 70cm+ sharks cruising around the end of the jetty the other night and one bloke last night caught a 1m shark.

Tailor were quiet on wed night. apparently quite alot of big ones being taken off the rockwall in front of the redcliffe jetty.

Cheers

let me know what day you're heading out and I'll tag along if you don't mind.

will be good to try some different spots around the peninsula rather than sticking to the one or two I normally go to

Be careful where you fish, most of Scotts Pt is in the green zone.

I fish left of the cliff there , where its safe too. Althought I do see some people fishing around the green zone :blink:

And thanks Pheonix , Do you know what sorta sharks they were? And ill let yu know what day I head out mate (:

Be careful where you fish, most of Scotts Pt is in the green zone.

And thanks Pheonix , Do you know what sorta sharks they were?

Nah not sure what sort. Didn't have my torch or any of my gear with me. was just down there for a bit of a wander and see if there was any action

fishert said have you ever been to woody point fishing for shark ? What rig would go best there ? A livie out on a ballon ?

honestly it pays to vary your methods.

i for one love to use circle hooks and 400lb nylon trace so they cant pick up the electrolisis it the wire and put heat shrink up the main shank of the hook, or coated wire trace. i like to use use eel as a cut but for sharks as normal fish dont usually like it.

post-8878-144598622608_thumb.jpg

other wise you can susped a livie under a balloon, by memery it ranges from 12-17ft of water so suspend it between 2 and 8ft below the balloon

Archived