squid !

Lachie

i've heard any of the pier's, jetty's and rockwalls around the bay mate. i've only tried once at wellington point unsuccessfully, but i put that more down to me not knowing what i'm doing than there being no squid around.

i almost caught one on a yabby down the pin yesteday arvo, but the bloody thing let go before i could put a net under it.

as for jigs... i'll leave that up to the experts...

actually... i'll leave all the advice to the experts!

i think the best bet is to get some jigs and head out and try!

think i just found out why i don't catch any! :P

i've heard any of the pier's, jetty's and rockwalls around the bay mate. i've only tried once at wellington point unsuccessfully, but i put that more down to me not knowing what i'm doing than there being no squid around.

i almost caught one on a yabby down the pin yesteday arvo, but the bloody thing let go before i could put a net under it.

as for jigs... i'll leave that up to the experts...

actually... i'll leave all the advice to the experts!

i think the best bet is to get some jigs and head out and try!

think i just found out why i don't catch any! :P

hahhaha maybe thtas why ??>>

I usually try down at Manly in between fishing. Get the odd tiger squid/calamari every now and then. If you're lucky to be there when a school of arrow squid move in, you'll land one after another. Only ever happened to me once.

Colours that worked for me: orange, grey, blue and lumo.

And watch out for the squid hunting groupies when you're there. They're great fun to watch! One would get excited when a squid follows his jig and the rest will dash over and start pelting the water with their own jigs while giving very "expert sounding" advice. End result: spooked squid and technical explanations as to why the squid wasn't taken. :lol:

I usually try down at Manly in between fishing. Get the odd tiger squid/calamari every now and then. If you're lucky to be there when a school of arrow squid move in, you'll land one after another. Only ever happened to me once.

Colours that worked for me: orange, grey, blue and lumo.

And watch out for the squid hunting groupies when you're there. They're great fun to watch! One would get excited when a squid follows his jig and the rest will dash over and start pelting the water with their own jigs while giving very "expert sounding" advice. End result: spooked squid and technical explanations as to why the squid wasn't taken. :lol:

where abouts down at manly ???

and what time works best ??

where abouts down at manly ???

and what time works best ??

Try the breakwall at the entrance to the marina. I've caught them on both sides. The arrows can be found over deeper water within the marina after dark. The calamari can be caught during the day on either side, ideally morning or evening but I've caught a few right in the middle of the day.

Watch out for the pike. The big 'uns can and will strike your squid lure and cut it off.

Archived