Tohatsu 30HP Fourstroke

fishyman

tohatsu motor are very good.there 2 stroke motors have a exelent reputation for extreme power to wieght ratio.and reliability.

dont know how they compare in the four stroke power to wieght compared to say a yammie.?

the 30 HP 2 strokes are 2 cylinder and wiegh about 50 kg and extremly reliable.

the 30 HP 4stroke is a 3 cylinder.obviously it would wiegh more than the 2 probly only 20kg more?? doesnt seem like alot but it can be enough to change the boats performance.

what kinda boat ya going to put it on?

mick

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mate. Ive got a 25HP Tohatsu (but 2 stroke) its a very reliable motor, has never given me problems. Great power to weight ratio. Always starts first pull hot or cold. It is probably also the reason most surf clubs down here use them on their IRB's. I doubt they are a rebadged merc as they are made by Nissan in Japan, Mercury is not (So I read). B)

Just add my 2 cents as I have a 30 Hp 2stroke Merc that is actually a tohatsu, I discovered this when ordering a prop from the guys at solas.

I have had my motor for about a year now and I bought it second hand its a 2000 model.

I would recomend the tohatsu as they are lumpy and probably a bit noisy compared to others but not once have i ever had to wonder is this motor going to start so if its reliability you want I would say go for it. i believe tohatsu was developed for the commercial jappanese fisherman who wanted a motor they could depend on to get them home . So like I said there is my 2 cents

Archived