I have an idea...

blue_mako

hey mate...

though i think youve already said this to me... but have maybe a few smaller comps throughout the year like for specific species or fish families leading up to the one big comp like we had with a lot of different divisions and prizes for different fish brought to the weigh-in... it would obviously be easier with the club if u had one and sponsership....

ill be the first sponser, ill give you $10 if you put 'Team Borris 1st for 2006' on the back of your fishing shirt lol...

cheers, troy

yeah good idea but i think we should like go to noosa and have like a mini flatty classic of our own (members of the website ) and like every one put in 10 $ and have a pot and the winner takes all B):) s o like 10 ppl thats $100 not to bad at all

cheers ando

yeah, id be up for that.

also i think we should start trying to figure out some sort of event calendar for the year. so we could workout what are the best times for catching certain species and then we could hold a species specific competition and also i think we should also hold location specific competitions, say 'breakfast creek bash', where everyone fishes at breaky creek. more of a social atmosphere and competition when u see what everyone is catching.

ok, so next step is to start planning some of these things - pencilling in some dates that we could hold them. this is where we need some suggestions and ideas. and then we can work out what are the best comp ideas and times to suit most people.

then angus and i can draw up a schedule/ calendar of events and we can go about promoting them to get more interest in the fishing scene in south-east queensland.

let the ideas come in.......

In reguard to this Brekky Creek bash, i am thinkign of organising a get togeather out at the park at the mouth of brekky creek. If the brekky creek bash was to go ahead, we could have a fish in the morning- day and have a feed in the evening, followed by some drinking. and yeah if Angus gives the idea the all clear i will gladly sponser some gear for the comp maybe a plastics pack or two.

dave

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

if you want things for the website please put them in the website section, this section was for how to make the fishing competition better. i dont check this too often, but i do check out the website section so put all the ideas for the site in there.

Archived