Minn Kota

bennyl

54 lb with quick release bracket to enable you to take off when not needed and security.

If you can afford it get the i-pilot version. It is a fair bit more but worth every cent.

There will be a demo of one at the PRFMA open day on 27/2.

There was a brand new one on modern fishing website last week for $1600 which is a steal.

If you cannot afford i pilot co pilot and autopilot.is very handy.

There is a seconf hand one in todays weekend shopper for $950.

CHeers

Ray

If you buy second hand providing it is later than 2006 model you can buy i-pilot conversion to retro fit.

You can tell if it is post 2006 by the plug that connects the foor pedal. Post is a round plug and pre is a recrangular flat plug.

You can npick up an i-pilot conversion from the states for 3 to 4 hundred dollars. They want around 800 here.

If you intend to get i pilot later just get the basic bow mount as you will get autopilot with the i-pilot.

Cheers

Ray

Yes no worries. I take it you mean a i-pilot conversion.

It is possible to import whole motor from usa but as it will work out over $1000 including freight you will be up for extra 10%gst.

If importing whole motor cheaper to use freight forwarding company Shipito as you get discounted shipping and most of the dealers there will will not ship whole motor to Au but if you use shipito they think that they are shipping to USA.

CHeers

Ray

Just have a look at ebay,com and pick a good price from a seller with over 99%feedback and you should be ok.

I just had a lkook at ebay au and there are 3 sellers in usa that ship to australia one wants 150 for express shipping. I normally just use first class international it is a lot cheaper and takes between 1 and 2 weeks. No insurance but i purchase with mastercard via ebay so am covered anyhow.

I have previously purchased other stuff from seller benidavey but cannot remember what his postage costs are.

If you get a good price from a seller that only ships to USA use freight forwarding company shipito they only charge $8 for their services plus actual shipping costs and it only adds a couple of days in the delivery time.

Make certain that you get the correct i-pilot for the model motor that you have as there are 3 different i-pilots,

There was a lot of discounting between the usa dealers around a year ago but it looks like minnkota have jumped on the dealers.

Cheers

Ray

Archived