aquatic paradise

SteveG

spent a couple of hours this arvo flicking lures around aquatic paradise out of the kayak.

Bit slow early on but once the rocks / pontoons started getting more shade, I got a couple of hits and picked up a 30 cm cod & a 50cm flatty. Caught both on a little rapala diver on 2lb braid. There's some nice deep water under some of the pontoons closer to the mouth, so next time I'll be taking some heavier gear for the jacks & trevs

post-8918-14459861571_thumb.jpg

post-8918-144598615719_thumb.jpg

post-8918-144598615729_thumb.jpg

Thats anice flattie, Did he hit the pan? Waters starting to get a bit cold for the jacks now but it never hurts trying. have heard of em even being caught mid winter if you know where/how

yep - he went straight to the cooker. really nice.

i agree about the weather - I'll be lucky to get one so close to winter. but a mate of mine who catches them regularly up the creeks reckons I might be a chance because this spots so close to the bay. I'll probably give it a crack next weekend then leave it until next summer.

how much a yak setup like that set u back out of interest? they look like alot of fun to me!

the yak in my profile pic belongs to a mate of mine...not sure of the cost. I've attached a photo of mine below. cost me 900 from ananconda. it's called an emotion glide. got it mainly for bass up the creeks but goes alright around the salt water canals as well. would probably be careful about venturing too far with it

post-8918-144598615738_thumb.jpg

Nice pics mate, did you cut your finger tips on that Cod...they was some wicked sharp gil rakers....

Good luck on a Jack, most likely would be a by catch, bring on summer to get these bad boys back though !!!

fingers all good - kept them out far enough to get em back.

Archived