Penn Spinfisher 950 handle jigging in NZ?

JackBarrett13

yeah but thats like maxing out on 16 kg, and will turn into you're second lump haha. just save the cash money and get a doggie
How long will the internals last with that pressure.especially if it's not a standard amount of drag.

yeah but thats like maxing out on 16 kg, and will turn into you're second lump haha. just save the cash money and get a doggie
How long will the internals last with that pressure.especially if it's not a standard amount of drag.

i have had mine for 4 yrs and caught thinks that would eat a kingie in 2 bites with it, plus caught lots of reefies and my mate borrows it when he goes deep water jigging and he go a 32 kg amber out of 87m of water.

they only thing what happened to the reel was i bent the handle from the pressure.

but in the end its your choice so you spend your money on what you want and what you think is write for you.

as said it has a max of 16kg the doggies have a max of 30kg which is near impossible to hold onto but at 16kg it will be silky smooth that is why these reels have such a high drag rating. its like a tiagra you dont always fish on sunset do you? mainly on or just above strike. i have landed kings to 18kg on a saltist overhead with the drag set to 9kg which in my opinion is a fair amount of drag.but i would say its a no to the spinfisher. sell it and get online and keep an eye out for a secondhand saltiga or stella.

or if you really want a new reel you can get a saragosa 18000 for around $300

happy fishing

Archived