Mud Island Mixed Bag

haines490slc

Headed out to mud again in search of some more Snapper, went to the same spot on the northern side, but was a bit windy, didn't catch a thing. After sunrise pulled up anchor and headed to the eastern side, place was like a car park, anchored up and caught a few undersized squire, one that just went 35cm (let him go) a small tailor, some little Trev, a 45cm Flattie, and a 32cm brim, so at least we got a feed. Pulled up next to a boat on the boat ramp and he had 2 nice 50cm squire, and a 70cm Snapper, caught on plastics, at Harry's. Got Fast Eddie up to 50mph on the way home :evil:

bad luck on the fishing although u still put together a tasty little feed there! :cheer:

50MPH is quick on water!!! sounds like you have your boat set up nicely!

i was at harries on saturday and couldnt get away from the pike. They were everywhere!

Old mate at boat ramp last week had a 70+ snapper from Harries too. Caught on a pike, so Zano must have been close :pinch: Don't you hate Mud on the east when it's a car park like that. Rarely see anyone catch anything at those time. Might have paid to spend some time searching other areas around Mud. :)

If only some members would contribute some tips rather than just skite about quantity and quality of their own catch ..... :silly:

a good feed and a quick trip home, good stuff.

ow and we have to race on day lol

Your on MM, how quick does yours go, 50 in the small chop was the best I could get, although i could have trimmed up a bit more.

hehehehehehehehehehe :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I will have to get a better prop before we race, what you got on yours again, when are we going to do an overnighter/all dayer in the bay/outside, soon I reckon

200hp on my 18ft hains...

i have to fix my steering but as soon as its done i will let you no as i am keen for a top of the bay trip either sharkin or chasin cobia

I will have to get a better prop before we race, what you got on yours again, when are we going to do an overnighter/all dayer in the bay/outside, soon I reckon

200hp on my 18ft hains...

i have to fix my steering but as soon as its done i will let you no as i am keen for a top of the bay trip either sharkin or chasin cobia

your on, night session at Bulwar, then round the corner to Hutchies and alike if the weather is good :cheer:

Archived