Noosa

sml6991

Hey guys, This is my first thread as I am relatively new to the site, Hope to be able get some good info off here as well as share my knowledge no matter how limited it may be towards fishing.

Anyways, I am off to noosa in a few weekends time and I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about some half decent land-based spots? What are you likely to catch? Whats the best to use etc..

Any help would be great, Cheers.

Mate I would try flicking soft plastics along the many structures and drop offs along the river in the Noosaville area (especially around the boat hire places and boat ramps). I have caught some stonking flathead and bream over the yrs there before I had a boat. My favourite flathead killer is the gulp 10 pumpkinseed swimming mullet. Use the lightest jig head possible so it floats down slowly, and good 12lb flurocarbo leader. Its costs more than the cheaper stuff but is much more durable and you will get more hook ups. Just go to any good bait and tackle store and they will set you up.

Good luck!

Thanks mate, more info than i was expecting thanks a lot, Yeah i haven't been to noosa in deadset 10 years but for some reason the boat hire places tend to be one of the only things i can remember. I'm pretty sure i have a fair amount of the stuff you mention minus the gulp 10's but they are cheap as chips. I think i have my little daiwa spooled up with 4lb braid not sure how well that would hold up on a bigger flatty? Thanks heaps for the info mate.

if you want a good thrill, try surface lures around woods bay of a day time and the sheriton bridge of a night time for trevs.

you also shold be able to pick up bream around the sheriton bridge also, along with and where that has structure.

try flicking sp's around drop offs or broken ground

I fished noosa last weekend, found it very tough, compared to my usual haunts down here on the gold coast.

Its a funny system, very shallow, very sandy with little structure IMO. Your best bet would be to target the usual options (bridges, pontoons etc). Go into Davos bait and tackle when you get there and they will give you the hook up on some options if you spend a few bucks there. Great blokes!

If you dont go any good take the 30min drive to suncoast barra park, you will get something there!

Archived